Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Constantly ravenous whatever I eat?

(8 Posts)
whydoesithavetobeme Thu 04-Jun-09 19:12:38

I just don't seem to feel full unless I eat until I feel sick and stuffed, for about the last three months.

I have started to put on weight round thighs/hips, and get quite bad bloating round my tummy after meals.

I am eating plates of chips after dropping DS off at school because I am just SO hungry blush, and going to bed with a rumbling tummy even after two plates of dinner and a snack in the evning. I don't eat crap usually, quite healthy stuff and 5-a-day etc, but I just want gack!

Ideas anyone?

sazlocks Thu 04-Jun-09 19:16:23

pregnant ?

NancysGarden Thu 04-Jun-09 19:18:31

pregnant or fed up is my guess. Coz you know chips and junk food is not gonna fill you up but you eat them anyway.

whydoesithavetobeme Thu 04-Jun-09 19:20:48

Not pregnant - regular/heavy periods and careful with condoms!

Fed up - not especially.

I was wondering maybe some sort of deficiancy or aneamia?

NancysGarden Thu 04-Jun-09 21:05:59

Could be couldn't it? Or you could be fighting a nasty bug?

kikid Fri 05-Jun-09 14:31:24

Hormones, pmt?

Niecie Fri 05-Jun-09 14:39:22

Thyroid troubles.

One of them (can't remember the one off the top of my head) causes increased appetite and weight loss, although you say are putting weight on.

Depends I suppose if you are eating.

Just googled - hyperthyrodism

Hypoglycemia or diabetes too apparently.

Joolsiam Fri 05-Jun-09 14:53:29

Could be thyroid issues, so best get it checked out.

In the mean time, I'd google "low gi" and try to eat foods that are slower to release their energy and leave you feeling fuller for longer.

The more white carbs and starchy or sugary food you eat, the more you will crave it - a sort of vicious circle that creates false hunger.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now