Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Need an energy boost

(13 Posts)
Claire2009 Thu 04-Jun-09 13:54:25

I'm so tired.

Sleeping 7-8-9 hours a night, but still drained.

I've come out in a huge great coldsore too, which always arrives when I am feeling crap

Any tips for anything to get me back to my usual bubbly self? Cos right now I could fall asleep

Doing lots each day so I'm not lounging about and feeling tired from the same ol' iukwim

st09 Thu 04-Jun-09 17:53:04

Hi Claire, this may sound silly, but are you drinking enough water? When I'm dehydrated I always tend to feel more tired.

Claire2009 Thu 04-Jun-09 19:16:27

Hi St09, I'm drinking plenty, really really thirsty lately

SlartyBartFast Thu 04-Jun-09 19:22:09

have you tried reducing yoru tea and coffe?
geteting plenty of fresh air and exercise?

Claire2009 Thu 04-Jun-09 19:42:48

I don't drink tea or coffee, maybe 1 cup of tea a month.

Walk 2-3 miles a day (3 dogs - lots of excercise )

ChampagneDahling Thu 04-Jun-09 19:52:17

Do you need to take iron tablets or vit B complex - they might help. Maybe worth getting it checked out - feeling really thirsty can be sign of diabetes, or thyroid or something like that.

Claire2009 Thu 04-Jun-09 20:13:08

I'm at the Gp tomorrow morning (for something else) so will ask, not too sure about iron. Haven't took any since 2006 (I think) after I had my Dd I was low on iron and told to take 2 tabs per day.

Anytime I've ever said about being very very tired the Gp has said "Well you're a single Mum to 2 toddlers its normal" hmm

Yeah I guess it is normal, but I know I am def a lot more tired than usual!

littlelamb Thu 04-Jun-09 20:16:15

The only time I have ever felt truly, fantastically well was when I went on a low carbohydrate diet. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, but it's worth noting that while i was doing it I drank at least2 litres of water a day, no caffine and no sugar. It may well be diet related ime

Claire2009 Thu 04-Jun-09 20:18:23

I get hypoglacaemic (sp?! blush) if I don't have even a small bit of sugar in one day hmm

Claire2009 Thu 04-Jun-09 20:19:22

I drink juice/cola/water/occassionally milk

And 2 litres a day at least

littlelamb Thu 04-Jun-09 20:20:29

cut out the coke and juice. Seriously. And if you get funny without sugar it might be a medical problem, it might simply be that your body is used to it.

lizzy77 Fri 05-Jun-09 14:47:45

Drinking enough water is key to having enough energy. Also are you eating enough? Sounds like your immune system could do with a boast.

Maybe multi-vitamins could help.

Cakesandale Fri 05-Jun-09 14:56:58

Hi

I'd second the water thing - also, whenever I have been really run down I have taken an over the counter tonic called Metatone. I know lots of tonics are rubbished, but this one has worked for me in the past. I think it is mainly B vitamins and some trace elements, and it may be worth a go. Am on a bottle now, actually (have had a REALLY crap couple of months health wise). Not feeling sparky just yet, but time'll tell!

PS No, I don't work for whoever makes it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now