Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hiatus Hernia

(7 Posts)
bunnyrabbit Thu 04-Jun-09 11:03:30

Well I have one. I already take Omeprazole but not sure I want to take it every day any more.

I have a friend who has cut out Wheat and dairy in an attempt to control the symptoms caused by her's. I have cut out most of the wheat in my diet which seemed relatively easy, but can't face the thought of not eating cheese!

Any advice welcome.

BR

candyfluff Thu 04-Jun-09 12:33:04

hi there i dont have this my nan does
what are the symtoms of it

bunnyrabbit Thu 04-Jun-09 12:34:48

Hi cnadyfluff.

Your nan! OMG that makes me feel old!!

Indigestion, Heart burn and Acid reflux mostly.

BR

Tamarto Thu 04-Jun-09 12:42:48

I was told i have one (well a sliding hiatus hernia i'm sure they are similar)while being checked for gallstones. I have no symptoms but was told by the surgeon i met for my GB op to avoid big meals, not lie down for an hour or so after eating and to try and eat regularly. HTH smile

Tamarto Thu 04-Jun-09 12:43:32

To clarify my post, he told me those things in regard to the hernia, not the gallstones. grin

bunnyrabbit Thu 04-Jun-09 12:50:05

LOL .S'ok I thought that's what you meant.

Thanks for this. I have the general dietary recommendations but would really like to here from anyone who has tried anything specific ie: removing or even adding anything to their diet to help relieve symptoms, apart from the obvious spicy foods/caffeine/fizzy drinks and the more shocking: avoiding alcohol!!

BR

bunnyrabbit Thu 04-Jun-09 12:50:40

hear fom anyone (very bad spelling!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now