Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anybody taken the 'Loette' Pill?

(7 Posts)
ghosty Mon 09-May-05 09:01:18

My doctor suggested I go on the Pill for a bit to sort out my periods and traumas that seem to be attached to them.
I am a bit confused as he prescribed Loette and said it was a 21 day pill like I used to take millions of years ago.
But when I got it it seems to be a 28 day pill (21 pink days and 7 green days) with no gaps ... isn't this the mini pill?
What is the mini pill? All I know about it is that 2 people I know got pregnant taking it
I certainly don't need that right now ...
Are there any side effects?
TIA ...

ghosty Mon 09-May-05 11:00:19

anyone?

ghosty Mon 09-May-05 20:02:25

obviously not then

Papillon Mon 09-May-05 20:12:04

I goggled it ghosty.. looks like a southern hemispere brand as alot of the sites were kiwi.

side effects they mentioned was weight loss (although one women gained) and bloods clots are a listed but think they range over all pill.

midi pills always made me feel wretched and unbalanced.. weird vision. But I am sensitive to stuff like this so don´t take them.

not alot of help perhaps but just wanted to post for you.

ghosty Mon 09-May-05 20:17:36

paps, you are an angel ..... thanks

hoxtonchick Mon 09-May-05 20:20:16

it could still be a combined, 21 day pill with dummies to take during the 7 'off' days, just so you don't get out of the habit of taking it. does that make sense?

ghosty Mon 09-May-05 20:41:14

Oh, thanks hoxtonchick .... that might be what it is ... perhaps I should read the leaflet ... doh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now