Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Red freckle?

(11 Posts)
llareggub Wed 03-Jun-09 21:41:06

Any ideas? I've just noticed a red freckle on my thigh. It is very slightly raised, and looks just like a freckle. In fact, it looks just like a blood blister but I've no recollection of doing anything that might cause it.

I'm stumped. What might it be?

FlyMeToDunoon Wed 03-Jun-09 21:43:32

I have loads of these and have been assured [by friends] that everyone does but will watch this to see if I should be worried.
smile

AnarchyAunt Wed 03-Jun-09 21:44:22

Is it like a bright pinky red? I have a couple that appeared on my torso a coupe of years ago - I have a vague idea they are called liver spots maybe? But aren't anything untoward iirc <<off to google>>

AnarchyAunt Wed 03-Jun-09 21:45:43

Oh no, not liver spots, they are something else. Anyway I have been told what they are but buggered if I can remember!

llareggub Wed 03-Jun-09 21:52:40

I really would just describe it as a red freckle. More crimson than pink, I'd say. I do freckle easily. I wonder if it is the beginning of a skin tag? I've got loads of them, too.

loopylou6 Thu 04-Jun-09 08:19:27

i have one of them on my ankle, bee there for as long as i can remember.

the only problem it causes me is when i knock it when i shave my legs, it bleeds forever.

Weegiemum Thu 04-Jun-09 08:27:40

I have some of these. They're called (IIRC) Campbell de Morgan spots and they are either age related - you just get some as you get older, or a sign you are drinking too much grin. They're not dangerous.

FlyMeToDunoon Thu 04-Jun-09 08:35:48

Aha!
Well I have two out of two causes.
grin

llareggub Thu 04-Jun-09 08:52:49

Oh well then. I must be officially old as I don't drink!

AMumInScotland Thu 04-Jun-09 09:30:51

I've got a few of these, never knew they had a proper name!

summer111 Thu 04-Jun-09 20:24:33

I've got loads of these and have done since childhood - so not age or drink related wink. My dad has them too so I guess they are hereditary. I saw a dermatologist for a general skin check a few years ago and asked him what they were - to be honest I can't remember their name but he said they were extremely normal and common.
So bottom line is your not old or a closet drinker!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now