Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Went to the dentist on Monday.....

(3 Posts)
lotspot Wed 03-Jun-09 18:04:15

I went to the dentist on Monday afternoon and had a filling in a back tooth - prior to the filling i hadn't really noticed any discomfort (well except when i ate some ice cream last week lol) but since i had the filling i've found it's panful when i drink cold drinks and they wash over that tooth or when i ate an ice lolly yesterday

at first he put too much on and my tooth was too high (very uneducated discrition ) and had to shave it down or something

basically do you think i should give them a call and go back to see him or do you think im being a bit...hasty (as i do tend to be)...and should just wait and see if it...settles?? such bad descriptions lol

Thanks in advance for any advice

JustBe Thu 04-Jun-09 12:25:18

Hi Lotspot smile

I would give them a call and tell them how sensitive the tooth is..I`ve had the same thing before and the filling was`nt "filling" the gap properly.

jstock Sat 06-Jun-09 12:43:51

some teeth can be bit sensitive for a couple of weeks after being faffed with (another great description!) it is quite normal but if you feel you have a high spot give your dentist a call and it's only a 5 minute job to ease it off, the pain wont go away if it is a high spot so you will need to see him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now