Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone ever had erythema nodosum?

(9 Posts)
worriedfriend Sun 08-May-05 17:30:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LIZS Sun 08-May-05 18:04:11

dd had this on her face at about 15 months. It caused a thickened reddish patch of tissue on her cheek (thought she'd banged herself to begin with). It did fade by itself over the next couple of months but was most marked when she was hot or cold. No cause identified but probably viral.

worriedfriend Mon 09-May-05 09:29:07

mancmum Mon 09-May-05 09:54:56

weird -- my friend at work has just been signed off for 3 weeks with this -- she is in a lot of pain ... brought on by her asthma I think... her doctor has told her nothing they can do other than bed rest and painkillers.... she has it in every joint ... awful for you both.. I had never heard of it before... and now 2 in 2 days...

Sari Mon 09-May-05 10:03:04

I had this a few years ago. There's nothing you can do about it - you just have to wait for it to go away. It is really painful and very debilitating so I completely sympathise. I can't remember how long it took to go away but I think probably a few weeks. With me it was a symptom of something called sarcoidosis which fortunately never caused me any problems after that. I hope you feel better soon.

worriedfriend Mon 09-May-05 10:06:52

Sari Mon 09-May-05 10:10:38

I remember being in absolute agony going downstairs. You really shouldn't be trying to work - go and get signed off for a while and try to get some rest. I didn't have children when I had it and can't imagine how tough it would be having to cope with them as well.

spots Mon 09-May-05 10:33:11

I had this when I was seven, on my shins. My dad made me a little trolley to spin around on, because walking was so painful. Sorry, I had to add my bit just because I have never come across anyone else having it... actually my assistance doesn't extend much beyond sympathy, but you have that in bucketloads from me.

loler Mon 04-Aug-08 21:11:03

Those of you that have had this - how long does the joint pain last?

I was diagnosed last week (see another dr tomorrow) but had for about a month. The pain is really getting to me it seems to be getting worse not better. DH had to go away with work and am very worried about getting the kids up in the morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now