Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What symptons do you get when youre ovulating?

(13 Posts)
dontdillydally Mon 01-Jun-09 08:55:26

some people know when they are ovulating Ive heard and I just wanted to know what they were

abroadandmisunderstood Mon 01-Jun-09 09:13:49

my right ovary aches a lot on the day. Sometimes it makes me wince. Then it is over the next day. Also more cm than usual with the different consistency. I also sometimes get aching legs and of course the obligatory foul mood which never helps if we are trying to conceive!!!

dontdillydally Mon 01-Jun-09 18:15:55

today I nearly passed out at work and had to go home, the pain in my left side was very painful, I went dizzy with the pain, shakey and tindly.

Im sure its to do with ovulating as I sometimes get this but it passes today made me feel really ill - also the pain was very deep and going into my bottom so to speak!!!

Do you thinkI should go to the Dr's - still feel iffy now

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Mon 01-Jun-09 18:19:01

I also get ovulation pain (mittleschmerz) but it feels like a bit of a throb and like I've pulled a muscle.

Do you think you could be pregnant?

dontdillydally Mon 01-Jun-09 21:08:17

no not pregnant had a period 2 weeks ago and no er hanky panky since!!!

Every other month I do get lower pain which is fairlt bareable but today was very, very strange, I may see how I am tom then give the docs a buzz

Lubyloo Mon 01-Jun-09 21:11:34

I get pain very like bad period pain in my tummy and lower back. It makes me feel quite unwell and for the last few months I have bled lightly.

HeadFairy Mon 01-Jun-09 21:14:28

I get mega painful ov pain after a miscarriage, it lasts a few days and at times I can't walk with it. Other than that I don't really get ov pain. I usually notice an increase in ewcm (but that might have been because I was drinking gallons of gfj as I was ttc) I also get rather randy and turn in to a bit of a sex pest with dh

Joolsiam Mon 01-Jun-09 21:25:34

Noticeably increased libido

EWCM reaches a peak, after around 3 days of the stuff

Mittelschmerz - was very bad after miscarriage and less obvious now I've lost some weight, but I can still feel it - normally a dull ache low down and it almost feels like sitting down on anything hard (like a loo seat) is uncomfortable)

I usually get 2 lots of discomfort - one in the evening and again the next morning

I've conceived twice when I've BD'd within hours of feeling this pain

cocolepew Mon 01-Jun-09 21:35:43

Pain in right side and mucus discharge (sorry if TMI) grin.When I was younger I used to feel a popping sensation.

dontdillydally Mon 01-Jun-09 21:37:57

ummm all sounds the same as you guys, I have been dieting aswell over the last few weeks and am a bit constipated so wondering if it was all connected!

bellavita Mon 01-Jun-09 21:42:29

My right ovary aches too.

I also have jelly like discharge over two/three days.

Castiel Mon 01-Jun-09 21:49:04

Increased libido.

Pain on side of ovulation.

Strange, shooty, constipation type throb.

EWCM.

Headache.

I can time each symptom to the hour almost.

dontdillydally Tue 02-Jun-09 10:13:04

Went to Doc's this morning as pain yesterday was mind blowing and still niggly this morning.

I do have ovulation pain - she said in your 40's (hum yes Im 41!) you dont ovulate every month hence fertility is slower. However the months when you do can be quite painful (build up so to speak).

If it occurs every month and is as painful I wil be referred to a gyno to chekc out ovaries as there may be a cyst etc..

Hey ho just a sign of my age (boo hoo!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now