Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pain in left hand side, really worried

(8 Posts)
Blossomhill Sun 08-May-05 10:08:42

Have posted before about pain in left hand side. Well it disappeared for months but yesterday it came back really bad. It starts sort of where your ovaries are and then shoots round to my back where my kidneys are. Then it started going up and down the whole of the left hand side of my body. It was awful as I felt as though I couldn't breathe. I am really worried as I am convinced it could be some kind of cancer. I am worried it's ovarian or maybe bowel
Anyone had any experience of this type of pain?
Thanks xxx
Oh and I do suffer with constipation sometimes so wonder if that could be connected?
I will be seeing gp about it this week but it's so hard to get appointment

PuffTheMagicDragon Sun 08-May-05 10:11:06

Don't know bh, but my brother has irritable bowel syndrome and gets pain as you describe. He takes medication to control it which has really helped. Try not to worry too much til the appointment .

WigWamBam Sun 08-May-05 10:21:14

My sister has a similar problem, and the GP reckons it's her bowel and gut going into spasm. The pain can sometimes floor her, and hangs around for ages. She takes Buscopan, which is a relaxant and stops the spasms.

Blossomhill Sun 08-May-05 11:08:45

Thanks, it's just so hard to know what it is tbh. I will make an appointment tomorrow.
I just feel so fed up as have a breast scan next week as I was having pain there and think god what is wrong with me?

Blossomhill Sun 08-May-05 13:37:39

Any more experience please?

alibubbles Sun 08-May-05 13:43:23

I had a really bad pain in my left hand side, down into my groin for the last two days. I thought I had strained myself as I fell over bowling on Tuesday and landed on my left hip.

The pain hurt so much it hurt to walk and I was hobbling around, so I know how you feel.

I went for a colonic this morning and the pain has gone, my therapist put it down to the fact that last weekend I was at guide camp and lived on crappy food, like white bread,cake, frozen veg and tea! - a diet very alien to my fresh veg filled one. Too many refined flour products, I have slept badly too.

I feel a lot better this afternoon and am going to watch what I eat carefully this week.

Buscopan is good at relieving the pain or peppermint oil capsules, which work better than peppermint tea.

Hope you feel better soon.

Blossomhill Sun 08-May-05 13:47:50

Thanks alibubbles. I have been thinking pf having a colonic but worried about it.

Blossomhill Sun 08-May-05 22:19:57

bump!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now