Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

dd been feeling sick for 4 days,

(8 Posts)
bensmum3 Sun 08-May-05 08:20:49

my dd started with loose bowels on wednesday, then vomiting, she is still retching, but hasn't eaten since wednesday so nothing coming up, I'm trying to get her to drink, Is there a bug going around that could produce these symptoms for this length of time ? I thought tummy bugs usually only last a couple of days.

ghosty Sun 08-May-05 08:23:50

bensmum3 ...
I don't know about what bugs there are in England ... DD has a nasty one but we are in NZ!
I would take her to the doctor if I were you and keep her well hydrated ... we just spent the night in hospital as DD was so dehydrated.
Hope she gets better soon ...

bensmum3 Sun 08-May-05 19:11:59

DD has been in bed all day again today, I tried to get her to eat, but she say's it makes her feel sick again, she has had a few cups of water though and not been sick, she doesn't feel hot.

Lonelymum Sun 08-May-05 19:24:10

My niece in Australia has just been diagnosed with having salmonella poisoning. She had to provide stool samples but, once diagnosed, she had anti biotics and was well again within a very short time. Is salmonella a posssibility with your dd?

lou33 Sun 08-May-05 19:25:14

ds2 had that a couple of months ago lm

bensmum3 Sun 08-May-05 21:43:12

I'm not sure, I don't think dd has eaten anything different to the rest of the family,except some crab, but dh also ate that and he's ok, if she's not better in the morning I'm going to check with the Dr.

Polgara2 Sun 08-May-05 23:14:16

When mine have had tummy bugs the doctors (different ones) have told me that the bug can last for around about 10 days. DD1 has had a few that have lasted about that long then miraculously disappeared!

Lonelymum Mon 09-May-05 09:39:23

Bensmum, crab is a likely source of salmonella. When my niece got it, she apparetntly got it from eating some fish. My BIL (her father) was only mildly ill with it and from what I can gather my SIL wasn't ill at all but presumably ate the same fish. So it is still a possibility. how is she today?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now