Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

verucca - why does mine hurt so much?

(8 Posts)
whiskersonkittens Fri 29-May-09 22:34:41

I have had a verucca for years but since ds got them I have really tried to get rid of this one. I have tried bananas, duct tape and am now using Bazuka. As this seemed to be getting nowhere I have started adding duct tape on top and for the last 2 days it has been really hurting when I walk on it - is this good (i.e it will finally kill it) or bad?

Am usually quite stoical but this is bad

Thanks

thumbwitch Fri 29-May-09 23:37:46

bazuka is not that great, from what I've heard.
When I had veruccae I used salactol -it was GREAT! killed the buggers off quicksmart but hurt like stink on raw skin so you have to aim carefully where you put it.
Don't know why yours is hurting so much now, tbh.
Good luck!

whiskersonkittens Sun 31-May-09 09:28:18

Thanks - I have stopped using it and it is getting better. I will try the stuff you mnetioned instead

whomovedmychocolate Sun 31-May-09 09:33:23

Go to your GP and get it frozen for goodness sake. Don't be putting acid on yer feet! The reason it hurts is probably because you've got an encapsulated bacterial growth in there - put simply, you've got some bits of grot under the verruca - most likely because you've been making it all sweaty with duct tape (!) hmm - which has grown and be captured within the verruca and actually will hurt an awful lot and result in you getting a generalised infection and pain unless you get it sorted (and by that I mean you may well need antibiotics).

Duct tape hmm

Do you actually actively want your feet to go manky?

BTW painkillers will help

whomovedmychocolate Sun 31-May-09 09:34:37

BTW I am no foot saint but ended up having major foot surgery after popping a blister on mine hmm so got to know all about the joys of foot injuries and disease hmm

whiskersonkittens Sun 31-May-09 10:47:33

Thank you

blush my feet are already revolting which is why i have not taken it to the docs ...

will try and summon up courage but really cannot see myself removing fotwear and sock to reveal the state it currently is in hence the 'home remedies'

madgebettany Sun 31-May-09 10:53:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

whomovedmychocolate Sun 31-May-09 10:56:36

GPs see on average 17 bottoms a day - do you really think your feet are that offensive in comparison to leaky arses? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now