Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Shiney is starting a healthy eating plan -PLEASE join me and let's support each other.

(1001 Posts)
RumourOfAHurricane Fri 29-May-09 22:07:45

Message withdrawn

stoppinattwo Fri 29-May-09 22:11:06

am on board grin...but i need chasing wink

stoppinattwo Fri 29-May-09 22:11:50

i have at least 2 stone to lose btw

Yurtgirl Fri 29-May-09 22:12:32

Im here too

RumourOfAHurricane Fri 29-May-09 22:12:47

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Fri 29-May-09 22:14:06

Message withdrawn

HumphreyCobbler Fri 29-May-09 22:16:55

Can I join? I have just read "In Defense of Food". I would like to start living by his rules which can be summarised thus

Eat Food. Mostly Plants. Not too much. grin

By food he means nothing your great great grandmother would not have recognised.

I will have to give up cornflakes.

whyme2 Fri 29-May-09 22:17:25

Can I join. I need to do healthy eating. I've 3 stone to lose but 2 will do. Need to kick my binging habit.
Will post my diet as much as poss.

whyme2 Fri 29-May-09 22:19:15

I ate all meals today interspersed with sweets, crisps and bread n butter. blush

RumourOfAHurricane Fri 29-May-09 22:20:29

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Fri 29-May-09 22:21:47

Message withdrawn

CJCregg Fri 29-May-09 22:22:32

I would like to join, too. I have terrible eating habits anyway (far too much junk, use sugar/carbs to give me a boost etc) but am also two weeks off the fags and desperately compensating with food. Just ate CHIPS and DCs old easter egg for dinner (mind you, feeling a bit odd as my divorce finally came through today and am home alone ...)

... all of which is a very long-winded way of saying PLEASE can I join in, too?!

Just cleaned out fridge. It currently has NO vegetables in it. Tomorrow am going to buy carrots, cucumber, peppers and salad.

Totally agree, Shiney - three proper meals would be a hell of a lot better than grazing all day on crap ... and drinking water would also be a big step forward.

Good luck, everyone!

Yurtgirl Fri 29-May-09 22:23:29

I thought it might be helpful if we list our worst habits and then try to conquer them, one at a time if necessary. I know if I try to be holy and perfect it wont last longer than a day

Here are my worst habits:

1 I buy rubbish in the shop on the way home from the school run - get home and eat it

2 I am seduced by special offers for chocolate, ice cream, other snacks

3 I dont stop when I am full, I just carry on until it is all gone

And the habit that tbh causes me the worst problems on a day to day basis is that I go to bed ridiculously late

4 I need to go to bed at a sensible time!

Im 5ft3 and weigh 12stone5 - I want to loose 2 stone, fit nicely into clothes - ie loose my jelly belly (definately my worst feature)

HumphreyCobbler Fri 29-May-09 22:23:52

Plan what you are going to eat tomorrow.

I think it makes it easier bearable if you know in advance.

HumphreyCobbler Fri 29-May-09 22:24:55

I think I eat when I am actually thirsty.

whyme2 Fri 29-May-09 22:25:53

yep, 2 stone is a good goal, it is 3 months away so might be a bit tight but is doable.
Good luck for tomorrow.

Yurtgirl Fri 29-May-09 22:28:04

Oh yes that is a good one - eat only what your granma would recognise

I also think drinking water is a good idea - fill up on that, rehydrate the body

Shine - Why not just start by eating a healthy breakfast every day this week - even if you eat crap all day after that, at least you will have started well iswim - Im a bit worried you are setting the bar too high!

whyme2 Fri 29-May-09 22:29:01

my worst habits:
snacking all evening
I can't just have one of anything.

Good idea to plan next days meals.

Yurtgirl Fri 29-May-09 22:31:21

I am going to go and fill a 2 litre bottle now - start drinking it tommorrow and make sure all gone by end of day

2litres is what you are supposed to drink every day isnt it?

FairMidden Fri 29-May-09 22:34:06

I dithered about posting on here because I tend to post once on these threads and then disappear blush and I know a few people on here in RL and it's a bit ... well, personal, this weight loss stuff.

However, I have read a nice thread on here recently, about new people in gyms and how the regulars don't think badly of them. And I have ordered some joggers and an MP3 player. And I am hoping to have a decent go at regular exercise.

I too overeat - my basic diet is really not bad, we eat a lot of fruit and veg, I stick to wholewheats where I can and don't eat a lot of convenience food. But I have terrible sugar and carb cravings and have been known to binge on crap. Especially when tired/stresed/down/bored/any other excuse. Classic comfort eating.

As a result I am fat.

Here goes (again) - all the best folks!

RumourOfAHurricane Fri 29-May-09 22:34:28

Message withdrawn

stoppinattwo Fri 29-May-09 22:35:44

2 litres of water is good....and when you feel hungry glug water instead.....use set meal times but you dont have to have just 3 meals a day if that doesnt suit you, some prefer smaller amount more regularly

or am i just conning myself??

RumourOfAHurricane Fri 29-May-09 22:39:34

Message withdrawn

RumourOfAHurricane Fri 29-May-09 22:41:57

Message withdrawn

FairMidden Fri 29-May-09 22:43:00

True about the cost shine, a blip in a petrol station can see off a family size bag of Revels washed down with something E-numbery and fizy and barely change from a fiver! Now if I could only save the money I would have spent ...

This thread is not accepting new messages.