Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anyone here ever taken the 'Morning After' pill?

(9 Posts)
TheBreastmilksOnMe Fri 29-May-09 19:27:05

and been in the 5% where it hasn't worked?

are there any negative effects on the developing embryo?

EccentricaGallumbits Fri 29-May-09 19:29:06

DD1 is a 13 year old example of MAP not working.

Took it within 8 hours of condom splitting. wasn't sick. Just didn't work.

No negative effects that I've noticed but I've always been a bit anxious whether it could have affected her in some way.

lulu25 Fri 29-May-09 19:30:12

no but i took it quite recently towards the end of the three-day period. the doctor warned me that if i was pregnant, it was quite unlikely to work - but that if it turned out that way there was no evidence that it would harm the embryo (or whatever it is at that stage). it said the same thing on the inserts in the box. hth.

paracetenoid Thu 04-Jun-09 10:16:56

I have. DD1 - took it correctly and she is more than fine. Now a very healthy 5 year old and I am so pleased it didn't work!!!

SparklyGothKat Thu 04-Jun-09 10:26:43

I took it in dec 2006, 7 hours after the deed. I found out I was pregnant on the 1st jan. I unfortunely miscarriaged but have been told that it wasn't due to the MAP, I have had a miscarriage in the past too.

sleepwhenidie Thu 04-Jun-09 10:38:26

Yes, took it correctly and happily grin it didn't work, DS now nearly 4 and perfectly healthy. No medical bods I saw when pg had any concerns about me having taken it either.

Kutner Thu 04-Jun-09 10:42:03

Another one here. DD is now 2.7 and in good health.

kingprawntikka Thu 04-Jun-09 10:46:24

A good friend of mine has a lovely eleven year old , who was the result of the MAP failing. She has always been totally healthy.

nancy75 Thu 04-Jun-09 10:48:15

me too, dd is 4 in july and in good health,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now