Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Constant pins and needles

(3 Posts)
NottsMum Sat 07-May-05 15:43:04

My 4 year old DD is constantly getting pins and needles in her legs and feet. Normally when she's sitting at the table, although she gets it at other times too. We've explained to her that she needs to sit properly and not to sit on her legs but even so she still gets P&N at least once a day or more. I've already checked with the doctor if it's a symptom of something else but he said no. However, I don't know any other child who gets P&N frequently, so I just wanted to check whether anyone here had any suggestions as to why she gets it so frequently.

Thanks.

bibiboo Mon 09-May-05 10:19:21

Maybe she just has poor circulation? I think zinc can help that. hope someone comes along soon who knows more about it

BUMP

WigWamBam Mon 09-May-05 10:28:39

I can't say I know why she gets it so frequently, but my 4 year old dd does too, at least once a day, and I don't think it's anything to worry about. I've just put it down to the way she's sitting or lying at the time. Her feet don't touch the floor when she sits at the table, and I think it's probably the pressure of the chair on the back of her legs that sets it off then.

As long as your dd is otherwise healthy, I wouldn't think there's anything to worry about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now