Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

how do u know if you have a water infection??????

(6 Posts)
Nemo1977 Sat 07-May-05 15:26:22

hi
I am 8wks pregnant and have been getting pains in my tum for couple of weeks. However these are no accompanied by feeling like i have been kicked in the back. It is really uncomfortable and just wondered if this was a sign of a water infection?
Any ideas would be appreciated
thanks

Gobbledigook Sat 07-May-05 15:27:34

Yes, could be if the pain is in your kidney area. Frequency is also a sign - are you going to the loo a lot? Pain on doing a wee can be too but not always.

Nemo1977 Sat 07-May-05 15:28:10

see am going loo a lot anyway...lol so wasnt sure about that. Would the midwife be able to test for it?

Louise1980 Sat 07-May-05 15:29:14

Sounds like the symptoms I had when I had a uti at bout 6wks with ds1. Id go to gp to get it checked out anyway.

Gobbledigook Sat 07-May-05 15:30:25

Yes she can just take a sample and see if there is any protein in it which can be a sign of infection. Very simple so get it checked out.

Nemo1977 Sat 07-May-05 15:31:43

cool thanks am seeing mw on tues so will ask her...takes a week to get to see gp in our surgery so prob quicker to go through her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now