Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

embarissing question

(11 Posts)
3kids Fri 06-May-05 11:55:21

I have a swollen area down below near right lip it can be sore to sit down i have had a look and you can't really see any differnce only it is slightly red but if you touch it you can tell the differnce. I am embaressed by this but do you think i should see the doctor?blush

QueenEagle Fri 06-May-05 11:59:11

Have you been wearing tight jeans lately? If so, maybe they have chafed you a bit without realising. If there's nothing else really obvious, I'd perhaps give it a couple of days and see how it is. Wear loose clothes as well and don't wear knickers at night in bed so it can air a bit.

Chandra Fri 06-May-05 12:01:10

A deep ingrowth hair?

3kids Fri 06-May-05 12:03:52

My husband said i might of chafed as i have been going jogging as i'm doing race for life.
Thanks for advice.

Marina Fri 06-May-05 12:05:39

Give it a few days. There are glands in that area 3kids, called Bartholin's, and sometimes they get infected and it is very painful. You ought to see a doctor if it gets worse or doesn't go away. Hope it feels better soon.

3kids Fri 06-May-05 12:12:41

Thanks Marina i'll see how it goes over the weekend and if it gets worse i'll go doc's on monday.

3kids Mon 09-May-05 10:44:28

Just to let you know i've been to doctor's this morning as the problem has got bigger she told me it's a abcess on my gland but she said it is very big so she's put me on strong antibiotics and told me if it dosen't get better in next couple of days i'm to go back and i'll have to go to hospital to have it removed.

Marina Mon 09-May-05 11:09:22

Ouch, you poor thing. Hope the anti-bs work and you don't need the day surgery.
I found out about these abscesses from a Mumsnetter some years ago. You never know when these things are going to come in handy

3kids Mon 09-May-05 11:15:52

Thanks Marina, i hope i don't have to go hospital too but if it was going to stop the pain then the sooner the better. It hurts to walk,sit and sleep had a bad night last night was really hurting. I've started the antibiotics so hopefully they will work soon.

3kids Tue 10-May-05 17:35:04

Just to let you know it burst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!not the most niced things but i can walk and sit, it still there but not so big now.

almostanangel Tue 10-May-05 17:37:12

ohhhhhhhhhhh[[[[[[[[[hugs]]]]]]]]]]]]]ow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now