Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Seperated stomach muscles

(3 Posts)
BMP1 Thu 05-May-05 21:37:06

Since having my first child 5 years ago my stomach muscles have never knitted back together again. I have since had another child who is now 2 years old and I still have a gap running down the middle of my stomach. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do?

katierocket Thu 05-May-05 21:38:35

yes you can do special sit ups and other exercises. One of them is a normal sit up but you cross your hands across your stomach and kind of hold it in IFYKWIM

megandsoph Thu 05-May-05 22:02:17

BMP hun am exactally the same I have astomach now that also resembles my grannys neck all wrinkley and loose and all health proffesionals have said to me it won't ever be exactally the same with out surgery but there is a certain type of crunch u can do that will engorage the muscles to strenghen where u have ur legs crossed over in the air bent at the knee and do a slight crunch liftin ur head ( i'm sure u know what a crunch is )but apparently it gets the main muscle layer under the two top sets u describe which should help them two bk together.... No one ever sees my belly now so am not to fussed bout mine LOL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now