Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dh's hernia op. What to expect?

(8 Posts)
bobbybob Thu 05-May-05 00:53:29

I've had a look through the archives and not surprisingly, lots of women's and baby hernias, not much on men though.

Dh is crap at asking the right questions (ie the ones I want the answers to)So what I want to know is;

How long until he is back to normal?
Should he still play Saturday soccer until his op?
Should I be concerned that it is so near his breeding bits?

All he wants to know is who shaves him!

bobbybob Thu 05-May-05 08:53:24

A bump for the morning crowd.

misdee Thu 05-May-05 08:55:33

my dad is having a double hernia op in a few weeks. has been told to taslke it easy for around 4-6 weeks to let the mesh knit together inside. he'll feel tender for a little while, and probably best to give soccar a miss till he is healed.

my dads is being done as keyhold surgery, is your dh's?

bobbybob Thu 05-May-05 08:57:22

His consultant appointment isn't for 3 weeks (and that's private). It will be keyhole.

misdee Thu 05-May-05 08:58:19

with regards to it being near his breeding bits, just let him tell you when he is feeling up to it, dont jump on him.

hope it goes ok.

bobbybob Thu 05-May-05 11:12:32

Anyone else?

Newbarnsleygirl Thu 05-May-05 11:34:50

DH has had a hernia op.

A Nurse was told to shave around his bits but she got sooooo embarrased that dh took the razor off her and did it himself.

She ran out of the room with a bright red face!

bobbybob Thu 05-May-05 20:05:42

Well that's dh's question answered then. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now