Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

OMG DS has chicken pox........ so so sorry Misdee!!!

(22 Posts)
sparklymieow Wed 04-May-05 20:47:23

he has been off school today with a temp. and when I was helping him get dressed for bed, we spotted a few spots, looked all over and he has them all over...... bugger!!!

misdee Wed 04-May-05 20:49:47

grrrrrrrrr

not your fault. 3 chicken pox scares in less than a week, and this one is the real thing.

Titania Wed 04-May-05 20:51:06

can you send it over here?? I cant get my lot to have it for love or nor money!!! hope your little one gets better soon. misdee hope you are ok hun xxx

sparklymieow Wed 04-May-05 20:51:33

have put calamine lotion all over and Dh has been teasing him saying he is going to turn into a chicken.....

kid Wed 04-May-05 20:54:22

I saw a friend and her little girl last week and she had chicken pox. She warned me so I could keep my kids at a safe distance but I want them to get it while they are younger. I managed to get it when I was 14.

misdee Wed 04-May-05 20:55:01

we cant risdk my kids getting it in case they infect dh. its a nightmare!!

kid Wed 04-May-05 20:55:56

The spots don't show for 10 days or something do they? Sounds like an extra thing for you to have to worry about misdee

Titania Wed 04-May-05 20:55:56

course misdee. im sorry. i didnt mean it to sound like it did

sparklymieow Wed 04-May-05 20:58:12

I have told DS to get close to his sisters tomorrow....

misdee Wed 04-May-05 20:58:21

just a risk we'll have to take. dh wont spend upto 2 weeks in hospital just in case they have it.

misdee Wed 04-May-05 21:00:20

we thought dd3 had it at the weekend, turned out to be infected eczema, then on monday i was at my mums, and got a call yesterday saying that my aunt thought she had it, another false alarm. now mieows ds has definatly got it.

sparklymieow Wed 04-May-05 21:00:58

how long do the spot come out for? The have appeared today and some of them are close to blistering already.

misdee Wed 04-May-05 21:01:44

think new ones can appear for a day or 2, then they crust over.

sparklymieow Wed 04-May-05 21:08:11

just looked it up and DS would have been most infectious yesterday

misdee Wed 04-May-05 21:09:54

it'll be rife in school then

sparklymieow Wed 04-May-05 21:10:51

it already is... Ds said that two boys in his clas have had it.

Shazzler Wed 04-May-05 21:13:16

Is there a time of year the it comes out more because our area is full of it too.

We are in the Highlands.

sparklymieow Wed 04-May-05 21:15:34

must be, have avoided it so far, Ds is 7 so have done well, I was only saying to Misdee the other that none of my kids have had it.... spoke too soon...

sparklymieow Thu 05-May-05 07:09:15

should I send DD1 to school today, she isn't spotty but she has been exposed to it...???

angelp Thu 05-May-05 07:31:15

She won't be infectiou until a couple of days before the spots come out so if she has jut caught it it will be another week or two o fine to go to school today

Klara Thu 05-May-05 14:24:41

misdee

Your DH can get vaccinated against chickenpox. I only know because I've been through this myself recently as i never had it as a child and with Ds at nursery I'm terrified he will bring it home to me. ANyway, they blood test you first to see if you have antibodies ( I do, which means I'm immune even though I have never had it), and if you don't have any you can be vaccinated. Apparently, 2/3 of all adults who have never had it are immune anyway, but it might be worth checking out

Klara

Klara Thu 05-May-05 14:28:59

God - sorry misdee - have just read your other thread. SHould have read that before I jumped in with my suewless advice....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now