Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

3 wk old getting a really stuffy nose

(9 Posts)
trinityrocks Wed 04-May-05 20:04:53

anyone know if there is anty medicine suitable from that young, karvol capsules maybe???????? I've done the wet towels on radiator and propping up her crib but she is REALLY stuffy and I was just wondering if there was anything else
thanks )

juicychops Wed 04-May-05 20:17:16

my ds had a cold and cough and sniffly nose when he was about 3 weeks old. I took him to the doctors and he gave him some antibiotics. They seemed to work as he was better a week later.

Bethron Wed 04-May-05 20:30:34

Message withdrawn

Toothache Wed 04-May-05 20:31:50

Trinityrocks - My dd was really bunged up with mucus for weeks after birth.... she sneezed all the time. Apparently it's their way of getting rid of all the mucus built up their lungs in the womb.

I used olbas oil for kids! It was fantastic. I just put some drops on a tissue and draped it somewhere near to her without touching. I tried carvol too, but this worked best. Make sure it's the one for babies though as the adult stuff is a bit brutul!

Toothache Wed 04-May-05 20:34:08

Bthron - Thats what I got from the chemist. But dd made such a fuss when I used it I gave up, it was like I was drowning her! Don't know where she gets the 'dramaqueen' temperament from?!?

>throws head back, flounces off the thread<

Bethron Wed 04-May-05 20:37:30

Message withdrawn

Calmriver Wed 04-May-05 23:07:14

Hi Trinityrocks

My dd had a stuffy nose from that young too, all we were able to do was get baby nasal drops, and use a 'snot-sucker'(you can buy them from BOOTS/JOHN LEWIS) etc. I'm not sure what they are called, but I call it a 'snot-sucker'

My hubby and I swear by it!

We still use it now.

Let us know how 'baba' is.xxx

Milliways Wed 04-May-05 23:18:24

Calmriver - wish we had had your "Snorsucker". When my DD (now 14 BTW) was a bunged up newborn, the HV said we should suck it out ourselves!!!! How gross is that. (BTW - we didn't!)

chipmonkey Thu 05-May-05 00:15:29

Milliways, have you read "Angela's Ashes" The dad sucked the snot out of one of the babies. Gross!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now