Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My seven year old is teething

(5 Posts)
HondaDream Wed 04-May-05 12:08:58

Is it normal for a 7 year old to get molars? My ds seems to be getting a new tooth at the back of his mouth and will not eat much as he cannot chew. I havn't come across this before.

sandy25 Wed 04-May-05 12:28:11

Childen get what dentists term "six-year-old molars"
My six year old is just getting his but my eldest only got his a few months ago and he is 7 and a half. dont panic it is normal although i was a bit sceptical when the dentist told me... thought she was pulling my leg and humouring ds1 because he was complaing that he could not chew his food because it hurt...(sound fimiliar(sp)) hope that helps...

wilfulwife Wed 04-May-05 12:53:40

my ds,6,started teething his molars awhile ago and was in agony,our dentist said that sometimes infection can occur as the teeth push thro,antibiotics helped.So if he is in utter agont that no painkiller touches i,d visit the dentist,my ds's friend is also going thro this so its quite normal.

HondaDream Wed 04-May-05 12:53:48

Thanks. I was on mumsnet and thought I would ask. Yes he is really off his food. I offered to puree the veg but I think he will eat when he gets better.

HondaDream Wed 04-May-05 12:55:22

I don't think he is in a lot of pain just a bit uncomfortable but I will keep my eye on him. Hopefully we won't need the antibiotics.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now