Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tender, sore boob all the time .....

(4 Posts)
sandyballs Tue 03-May-05 14:21:24

..... not just leading up to my period. Does anyone else get this? I seem to have a constant ache in my right boob and it feels delicate. I can't feel any obvious lumps but when my DD lent on it yesterday it really hurt.

flamesparrow Tue 03-May-05 14:23:36

Mine go like that every few weeks - often just wearing a slightly different shaped bra for a few days, and one at night helps me.

I am a big girlie though (34f), and think it is just due to the weight.

Don't know if that helps.

I think you're meant to look for unusual dimpling as wells as lumps too.

xxx

emmatom Tue 03-May-05 14:30:16

Hi Sandyballs, For two weeks every month I can't bear even big hugs from the kids as the tenderness is so acute.

I had a lump removed a few years ago and so am very conscious about these milk containers and would have them whipped off if I could as they cause me so much worry.

Pain/soreness is normally a good sign. The worrying things are hard, pea-like lumps. Cysts and things are normally soft.

Sometimes tenderness is hormonal, other times it's not. Yours, from the little you've said, doesn't sound worrying at all, but if anything changes with your boobs, it's worth having the Doc check them.

Taking evening primrose oil can ease regular soreness.

Aimsmum Tue 03-May-05 14:30:29

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now