Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

V Thrush

(12 Posts)
LemonyCricket Tue 03-May-05 11:18:11

Could someone tell me if i can get rid of this just with Natural Yoghurt. Will my husband be storing it too? The cause for me was taking antibiotics i believe. Is it common, because when i looked for info on the internet it said it was a sign of having weak immunity. I just thought it was one of those female things. Please help i feel so uncomfortable and have a pta meeting later. Thankyou.

starlover Tue 03-May-05 11:21:01

natural yoghurt can help, but it'll be much quicker and easier if you get a proper thrush treatment. You can get canestan from the pharmacy, you don't have to see your gp

starlover Tue 03-May-05 11:21:42

and yes, it's very common!
if you have had sex without using a condom then yes, it can be transferred to your husband

chipmonkey Tue 03-May-05 11:46:22

Canesten Duo is very good, there's a pessary for the inside and a cream for the outside which your dh should use too. Natural yoghurt is great but very messy and hard to apply!

Enid Tue 03-May-05 11:49:35

my dr says that it is a myth that you can 'catch' thrush as we all have the fungus living naturally in our bodies - it just gets more prolific after antibiotics/stress/tight clothes.

perfumed bubble baths irritate me (grrr) and also make sure you are, erm, well lubricated before sex sorry if TMI

anyway, canesten duo is brill - my dr prescribed 6 lots for me for the price of one prescription, pharmacist was annoyed

chipmonkey Tue 03-May-05 13:50:15

Enid, trying to work out for weeks what TMI means!.What is it?

starlover Tue 03-May-05 13:50:39

too much information!

chipmonkey Tue 03-May-05 13:51:09

Ah! Too Much Information! Just got it!

chipmonkey Tue 03-May-05 13:51:56

Crossed posts starlover! thanks anyway!!

mears Tue 03-May-05 13:52:19

Actimel (or similar) taken daily will help you fight thrush. Yogurt needs to be Bio (live)

Enid Tue 03-May-05 13:58:01

ooh I didnt know that mears, but I have been drinking actimel and haven't had it for ages

chipmonkey Wed 04-May-05 12:00:40

Aha! I have been drinking actimel (nearly said aptamil!) as well and dh just commented the other day on how I haven't had a bout of thrush in ages either! Never made the connection, thanks Mears!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now