Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Feeling sorry for myself

(10 Posts)
Lonelymum Tue 03-May-05 10:24:05

I have had a horrible cold for the last few days. The usual symptoms aren't so bad really - a bit of a runny nose, a bit of a cough, etc - but the aching body (limbs, head, neck everywhere) and the weakness and total lethagy are worse than I remember normally feeling with a cold. I spent most of the weekend in bed and I really wish I could go back there now.

To top it all, I said something on Mumsnet yesterday which some took offence to and now I keep seeing references to their pain wherever I go. I didn't mean to offend, but I feel so ill right now, I am tempted to scream something very rude all the time. When dh shouted at me (needlessly) last night I burst into tears, which isn't me usually.

I need some sympathy and perhaps some reassurance from someone out there that you have sufered a cold like mine recently. I can't recall feeling this ill for this long in ages.

starlover Tue 03-May-05 10:25:30

sounds more like flu than a cold tbh, the aching body and lethargy in particular.

May I suggest vitamin c tabs, Lemsip and plenty of fluids. Oh, and rest as much as poss. I know it's near impossible if you have kids at home... but try!

Lonelymum Tue 03-May-05 10:27:35

Thanks. Have just staggered round Tesco and saw the paracetamol etc but didn't think about other remedies (TBH, I am not thinking very much at all at the moment).

lilsmum Tue 03-May-05 10:27:54

LM (same initals as me too lol) i can totally sympathise with how you are feeling..as i have the very same cold atm, so we can moan together

in the words of the wonderful teletubbies (not)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<big hug>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

compo Tue 03-May-05 10:28:16

stick videos on the TV for the kids, lay on sofa with chocolate and hot drinks nearby (in a flask would be good!) and wallow

trinityrocks Tue 03-May-05 10:29:20

My husband and I have just has the exact same thing, I have not been able to stop crying all weekend and the aching bones has been a nightmare
I am right now only just starting to feel better, thanks to ALOT of Maltesers
Take care of yourself, try and treat yourself to cheer yourself up you are not alone, it is an awful cold/virus thing!!! I know how you feel

SaintGeorge Tue 03-May-05 10:32:55

Huge sympathy from me Lonelymum - even though no one gave me any last week when I posted to say I felt this bad (sob, sob, no one cared ).

Took me 8 days to shake off the worst of the symptoms and the cough is still hanging around. Felt like I had been beaten up and the tiredness was awful.

lilsmum Tue 03-May-05 10:34:05

aaawww i cared SG, just didnt see you thread

SaintGeorge Tue 03-May-05 10:37:47

Oh I was too ill to do my own thread, just mentioned it in passing somewhere so lack of sympathy my own fault.

I did think sneezing in dramatic fashion on one conversation might have done the trick but it didn't.

Thank you for caring lilsmum

Lonelymum Tue 03-May-05 10:39:56

Sounds like there is something definitely doing the rounds then. Why do you suppose children don't seem to get it like us? Ds3 has had the cold part for as long as I have, but he doesn't act ill at all so clearly isn't feeling as bad as me. (I am beginning to sound like whoever it was the other week who complained of having man flu and had all the women running around after him - DaddyCool was it?) But I do feel SO achey!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now