Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

ARRRRRGH! I want to rip my nose off!

(6 Posts)
colditz Sun 01-May-05 23:25:06

Hayfever is making my life miserable at the moment. I seem to suffer more every year. I have tried the tablet antihistimines, ALL of them make me drowsy and drunk, even the non drowsy ones. I can't even think clearly!

Does anyone have a non drowsy answer?

Gillian76 Sun 01-May-05 23:27:10

Sorry, not me, but let me know if you do find an answer! My hayfever is manifesting itself in chronic congestion and nosebleeds at the moment. DH says I have even started snoring!

hunkermunker Sun 01-May-05 23:33:02

You could try Nasaleze

I'm using it at the moment, as I'm not sure that antihistamines are good to take while breastfeeding (must check that out...!). I have a blasted cold though, so don't think I'm getting a true picture of it's effectiveness

colditz Sun 01-May-05 23:38:27

Thanks guys, not sure I can stand 4 months of this abject snottiness.

vwvic Mon 02-May-05 00:39:08

Try locally produced honey. It needs to be unpasturised, as it works in a similar principle to homeopathy. IIRC you need to eat about a tablespoon a day. It works for DD1!.

triceratops Mon 02-May-05 09:55:14

there is a really good review of the hayfever remedies on nhs direct. I tried livostin (or however you spell it) eye drops last year on their recommendation which were much better for me than beconase etc. Hayfever is hell, you have my sympathy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: