Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

anyone bought holiday home abroad ?

(10 Posts)
mcmum Sun 01-May-05 23:03:49

We are thinking about buying a holiday home in either france or spain does anyone have any top tips

strugstu Sun 01-May-05 23:06:57

i wish!

sorry cant contribute anything useful

mcmum Sun 01-May-05 23:20:54

thanks for swift reply though ! fancied a chat but im new to this and alot of the chats tonite seem to be quite personal and im not sure background and whether or not to join in

CountessDracula Sun 01-May-05 23:54:07

are you buying to let or as holiday home for you? I always feel that it might get a bit dull going back to the same place year after year if is the latter.

JoolsToo Mon 02-May-05 00:05:06

CD - I agree with that.

mcmum Mon 02-May-05 21:48:22

buying for both reasons really we often go to center parcs for example and it costs a fortune and we also have holiday abroad and then weekends away just thought it would be nice to have a somewhere on an easyjet route to get away

SueW Mon 02-May-05 21:53:59

Friends bought a holiday home in Ibiza, in the country as it was on a cheap airline route from local airport and they love Ibiza.

This year the route has been dropped and they have to travel an hour to an airpoort instead of 10 mins. Has also made it more difficult to advertise locally/rent to local friends/family and now they are thinking of getting rid

laughorcry Mon 02-May-05 21:59:53

have bought place in Northern France - about 45 minutes from Calais.

Buying was a real hassle (although would have some tips for someone at the beginning of the process) but really pleased we have now.

It's not particularly exciting - countryside v like Kent, but it is still beautiful and has a v small population so it always seems that there is loads of space and we love it.

The main thing for us is that you can get there in about three and a half hours from London (driving through the tunnel) so it really is viable for the weekend.

(And that property is pretty cheap )

laughorcry Mon 02-May-05 22:00:37

btw, why is this in Health?

mcmum Mon 02-May-05 22:10:25

laughorcry, Coz I don't know how to change it ! can you help im new to mn. I joined as I was having health problems and I love it just don't know how to use it properly. Thanks for advice I have been to costa del sol a couple of times and really like it but dh likes france but I want to be quite near to beach for kids any recommendations

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now