Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Anyone had a TVT - tension-free vaginal tape - done?

(6 Posts)
Mummyfor3 Thu 30-Apr-09 22:28:43

I am looking for personal experiences for my mum who is too shy wink to become a MNer herself grin.

She has had stress incontinence problems since she had her amazing children (me and my brother) and had a pelvic floor repair and hysterectomy in her late 30s with only v temporary and partial relief of her symptoms.

She is 67, v fit and active and a slim size 10. She has just seen a hot-shot gynaecologist who is suggesting TVT. Understandable she is a bit weary of having further albeit fairly minor surgery done.

So, getting to the point at last, I am interested to hear any good, bad or ugly stories re TVT to pass on to her.

TIA smile

Mummyfor3 Thu 30-Apr-09 22:51:31

Going to bed now, but not before bumping shamelessly wink...

Undercarrigetrouble Thu 30-Apr-09 22:55:19

Hi my mom had one of these done about 6 years ago with great results.I would imagine she would recommend your mom have it done.
Sorry i cant remember any details about it.

Mummyfor3 Fri 01-May-09 12:52:13

Thanks for that, Undercarriage (inspired name, BTW grin), I will pass it on.

Any other experiences out there? Any bad ones??

Cheers smile.

Mummyfor3 Sat 02-May-09 07:59:40

Last ditch attempt wink...

MamaMtundu Wed 26-Aug-09 08:28:19

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: