Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

morning after pill now period is 4 days late

(18 Posts)
noddyholder Fri 29-Apr-05 12:30:10

Is your next period after taking this usually late?I have sore boobs etc but still no period Am really getting worried now as I took the pill about 36hrs after the incident with the condom

lovingmummy Fri 29-Apr-05 12:44:24

I know it helps to ask advice but you won't know the answer for certain until you do a pg test.
Hope you get the result you want.

starlover Fri 29-Apr-05 12:46:00

my friend took the morning after pill and her period was late. I think they told her it might be.

agree with lovingmummy though... you won't know for sure until you test!

WigWamBam Fri 29-Apr-05 12:46:33

I agree, you need to take a pregnancy test so you know what the score is and where you go from here.

I too hope you get the result you want.

Toothache Fri 29-Apr-05 12:57:26

noddyholder - Weren't you advised to make an appointment with the GP for a test? How long ago did you take it?
Im sure I was told that if I hadn't had an AF within 3 weeks of taking it then I should test. But it definitely mucks up your cycle!

noddyholder Fri 29-Apr-05 13:05:13

I am too scared I will give it a few days Not like me to do the head in the sand thing but can't face it.I took the pill on fri 15 april perid due on 25th

WigWamBam Fri 29-Apr-05 13:06:24

At least if you take a test you'll know whether you have anything to be scared about. No point worrying yourself sick until you know whether there is anything to worry about.

noddyholder Fri 29-Apr-05 13:07:48

i know www that is the sort of advice I would give !I have ds's birthday this weekend 8 boys staying over and I think if I did a test and it was positive I would spoil the fun!Will def do one Mondday

Toothache Fri 29-Apr-05 13:08:57

Noddy - I'm a bit like that too!
But you only took it 2 weeks ago, and it does mess with your cycle so I wouldn't class your AF as late. However, in saying that.... you should still test coz if you are pg it would definitely show by now.

noddyholder Fri 29-Apr-05 13:10:27

The trouble is I have spent the last yr debating having another child and had just decided with my doctors that it wasn't advisable I would find it very hard to have a termination but have no choice

LGJ Fri 29-Apr-05 13:16:03

Oh honey,

I have been sitting here praying that you aren't and yes you are right if you are, you really won't have any choice.

My heart goes out to you, I know how you feel, not about this question, but having another child.

With much love

LGJ

Toothache Fri 29-Apr-05 13:18:59

Oh Noddy - I had no idea it would be so serious a situation for you.... I was just thinking you were worried about the inconvenience of being pregnant just now. That's awful.... I really hope you are not pregnant!

Will you be doing something a bit more permanent about contraception? I have the Mirena coil fitted and it's been fine for me. Don't know your medical implications though.... so forgive my ignorance.

WigWamBam Fri 29-Apr-05 13:21:05

Oh, what an awful situation. In which case then in your shoes I would want to know as soon as possible, to give me time to come to terms with things.

Is there really no way that you can continue with a pregnancy, even with plenty of medical support and careful monitoring?

Toothache Fri 29-Apr-05 13:21:47

If a termination is the only option... then the earlier the better eh?

LGJ Fri 29-Apr-05 13:28:14

WWB

It is basically the same situation as mine.

I tried to talk my cardiologist around, he went off and asked around.

He had a colleague who had a woman who ignored medical advice, she got preganant and went into labour at 24 weeks.

My mind started to race ahead and I was thinking, not ideal but doable.

Then the Cardio, dropped his bombshell, she and the baby died on the table during and emergency C.

It was then that I decided that DS needed a mummy more than I needed another baby.

I have been to emotional hell and back and still struggle with issue.

That is why I am praying and I mean praying that NH is not pregnant

noddyholder Fri 29-Apr-05 13:29:05

thanks for all yuor lovely messages I have looked at every option but the medication I am on which protects my kidney(transplant)combined with heart medication would not be allowed in pregnancy and I need them Had just come to terms with having just 1 child when we had the condom incident I have a pregnancy test upstairs and will do it if nothing by Sundayxx

WigWamBam Fri 29-Apr-05 13:45:05

Oh, that's just awful, LGJ. I remember reading that when you first posted and thinking what a terrible thing it was.

Noddy, I truly hope that the test is negative. I'll be thinking of you over the weekend.

noddyholder Fri 29-Apr-05 13:53:34

my cardiologist actually said go ahead!It was the renal side that was bothering me as my 1st transplant failed after my son was born at about 6 months I had had it 10 yrs and all the doctors said it was nothing to do with childbirth and would have failed anyway I have since found out that transplants can fail in the 2 years following birth but not always.I wouldn't like to be on dialysis again with a small child it was a nightmare and we lost our house etc so am grateful for my lovely ds and am praying too xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now