Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

scratch mits for a baby with eczema

(9 Posts)
newton Thu 28-Apr-05 21:12:08

I have a 7 month old baby who has terrible eczema all over her body. But at night when she is in a light sleep she scratches her head to shreds. I have tried scratch mits and socks over her hands, but she pulls them off with ease!! Mothercare do a nightie with built in scratch mits, but only for one size. Which she is now out growing. Does anyone know where I can buy sleepsuits/nighties with built in scratch mits?????

albert Thu 28-Apr-05 21:14:00

Could you try sewing some socks onto the end of the sleeves in her sleepsuit? Haven't a clue about where to buy the real thing, sorry!

misdee Thu 28-Apr-05 21:14:20

try this thread

newton Thu 28-Apr-05 21:23:03

thank you for that thread. Fantastic will be buying some of those!!!

misdee Thu 28-Apr-05 21:25:31

they are lifesavers. have used them for years with my kids. was trying to find some different possibly xheaper ones but havent found any yet.

dd3 has devoped infantile eczema (so that makes all 3 of my kids grrrr), so am keeping mittens on her at night as her face is so sore, and even tho she isnt intentionally scratching, her face is getting the brunt of her hands moving about at night.

BadgerBadger Thu 28-Apr-05 23:03:39

Matalan do sleepsuits with built in scratch mits, they were the only thing that stopped DD2 from 'scrabbling' at her face overnight when she had flare ups. Though she's mid lull ATM, thankfully!

keresley Fri 06-May-05 20:40:24

Badger, I went to Matalan today to find the sleepsuits with built in scratch mits but it seems that they do not sell these. Are you sure its matalan??

Orinoco Fri 06-May-05 21:32:04

Message withdrawn

BadgerBadger Sat 07-May-05 00:09:01

Keresly, that's strange, I've definitely bought them in Matalan. I wonder if it's something they have discontinued? I haven't bought sleepsuits for a month or so......

It's a real shame if so

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now