Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

teething at 7 weeks???

(9 Posts)
mckenzie Thu 28-Apr-05 16:11:33

DD who is just 7 week sold would appear to be teething!
She has a nasty mark on her thumb where she's been putting it in her mouth all of a sudden, her sleep is being disturbed, she's upset for no reason that i can establish and her top gums are very white.

DS did cut his teeth early but not quite this early I dont think. Could it be teething??

choccychic Thu 28-Apr-05 17:02:17

A friend of mine's ds cut his lower front two from around 8 weeks, so yes it could be, he displayed the classic teething signs too! He now has a fantastic set of gnashers and isn't 1 until end August!!

mckenzie Thu 28-Apr-05 17:24:28

but what can I use as she's so young? Isn't everything going to be from 3 months only??

dyzzidi Thu 28-Apr-05 17:26:08

My nephew was born with two teeth!!!

They all develop differently.

docket Thu 28-Apr-05 18:07:15

i think you can use those teething powders from birth? not 100% sure though

mckenzie Thu 28-Apr-05 19:06:55

I got hte Nelson powders today and the pharmacy said they were okay from birth but I wondered about the gels etc. Bless her, I gave her a teething ring today but of course it's much too big for her mouth and she cant hold it!!

Carameli Fri 29-Apr-05 12:42:05

Just wondered how it was going with your dd. A friend of mine had a little baby teething early and she put a dummy in the fridge/freezer for a little bit to get it really cold. SHe never used dummies apart from this but it did seem to ease the pain a bit.

I swear by teetha though, my dd loves taking them and they really seem to chill her out(now 19mnths)

Hope it gets better for her.

popsycal Fri 29-Apr-05 12:44:05

i can see my 7 weeks olds bottom two front teeth just under the gum too

mckenzie Fri 29-Apr-05 17:18:11

I checked with the HV today on the telephone and she seems to think i am probably mistaken about her actually teething - all babies are born with teeth ready and waiting. However, I still think she is and asked about gels etc but apparently they are all 3 months plus. I'll try the cold dummy trick though - thanks for the tip.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: