Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can anyone recommend a Gynecologist in Central/East London? Desperate

(6 Posts)
cityangel Mon 27-Apr-09 13:38:38

Can anyone recommend one I could see privately. I have a referral from the doctor for issues with tearing and prolapse after birth.

bamboostalks Mon 27-Apr-09 13:47:30

Ed Dorman works out of the Homerton Hospital but I saw him privately at St John and Lizzies. I had similar problems and found him good. He is not smooth iykwim (can seem a bit abrupt actually) but is empathetic and really knows his stuff.

cityangel Mon 27-Apr-09 13:52:38

thank you bamboo

MadameCastafiore Mon 27-Apr-09 14:08:15

Mr Patwarden - he works at The Blackheath Hospital - he was brilliant - wonderful, understanding, always willing to go the extra mile to address your questions and his after care is excellent.

He has treated a few of my friends on referral and even saw one as a favour to me who didn;t have any medical assurance just to allay her fears about women's stuff.

A thoroughly nice man and a great doctor.

cityangel Mon 27-Apr-09 14:31:16

thanks Madame very helpful

cityangel Mon 01-Jun-09 23:34:42

I would just like to say thank you again Bamboo. I saw Ed Dorman and was very pleased with his professionalism.

He was very re-assuring with my embarassing complaint (polyp growing in post birth vaginal stitching). The option to move swiftly (days) from diagnosis to treatment was offered.

I had an op under general anaesthetic and recommend St. John & Lizzies as although routine was a scary intrusion into the norm.
I was covered with health insurance but would consider paying if not covered as my treatment was functional and the hospital was efficient and clean.

I realised I had built a silly complaint into the norm that I should have dealt with earlier.

Thanks again grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now