Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

which electric tooth brush?

(11 Posts)
lucylue Mon 27-Apr-09 09:59:35

i searched on net, but i cant be sure which one good, i think i prefer dual head ones, but i dont want them to be hard on my gums.
thanks in advance

lucylue Tue 28-Apr-09 11:07:58

bump

cositjustisok Tue 28-Apr-09 11:22:39

I would suggest a Phillips Sonicare......swear it saved my teeth and gums..had (probs)..never looked back and will never be swayed to try Oral B.... jsut my opinion think sonicare is superior to Oral B.

EyeballsintheSky Tue 28-Apr-09 11:31:22

When I started going back to the dentist last year after a very long gap, I had bought one of these.

The hygenist laughed his socks off, said I might as well brush my teeth with an egg whisk and recommended
this. I can really feel the difference. The first one was so feeble it hardly touched my teeth but the second one feels like it's doing serious work.

rubyslippers Tue 28-Apr-09 11:33:23

Oral B Triumph

You can get all sorts of different heads

it comes with a timer so you brush for the right amount of time

my dentist recommened it as I have a tendency to over brush and this makes it impossible as it vibrates to stop you dpoing this

it also has 3 different settings to changfge the speed of brushing

it is really, really good

rubyslippers Tue 28-Apr-09 11:34:12

this one

pmtmonster Tue 28-Apr-09 12:34:00

What is the battery power like on a Philips? I have had several Braun toothbrushes. My old one just packed in and I had had it for 8 years, so good service. It only needed charged about once every week to ten days. Now using DH's Braun, which like his previous one seems to need constant charging. Plus it is then on charge for nearly 24 hours before it is charged up again. And in the time I had one Braun, he has been through three. Is the quality going downhill?

cositjustisok Tue 28-Apr-09 12:42:22

The information leaflet on my Sonicare says to leave it on the charger when not in use and that way it is always fully charged...running it down is (what hubby says) not good for it!!!!...

singleWhiteMale Tue 28-Apr-09 18:45:37

I've been using sonicares for the last 10 or so years and really like them. The Oral-B triumph is well thought of though, and it's half-price at Boots at the moment.
here.

lucylue Wed 29-Apr-09 10:58:04

thanks to all of you really
you've been really helpful to me

schilke Mon 02-Nov-09 15:58:52

I'm kidnapping an old thread as I'm thinking just this question.

I'm looking at the Sonicare Flex or Oral B triumph.

Any more opinions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now