Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

strange ear/neck/head pain.... any ideas?

(7 Posts)
starlover Thu 28-Apr-05 13:22:25

The last few days I have had this very odd pain.
It started just shooting up my neck on the left when I reached for stuff etc, and I figured I had just slept funny on it or something.
It has now developed into more than that though. I have a nasty earache and a stabbing pain up the side of my head.
The odd thing is though, that it isn't constant.. it comes and goes. And the VERY odd thing is that it is worst in the car?!?!?! I have no idea why this would make a difference.

I can't decide if it's a pulled muscle in my neck, or an ear problem... or something else?
Am scaring myself thinking about brain haemmorhages and things... please put my mind at rest!

starlover Thu 28-Apr-05 15:22:22

bump.... ?

bundle Thu 28-Apr-05 15:24:44

could be all sorts - are you a teeth grinder? or could be trigeminal neuralgia is where a nerve is trapped and can cause all sorts of referred pain.

emmatom Thu 28-Apr-05 15:26:31

even hurting your shoulder can cause the pain to be referred to where you're hurting.

Have you picked up anything really heavy or awkwardly lately?

Aimsmum Thu 28-Apr-05 15:39:05

Message withdrawn

starlover Thu 28-Apr-05 15:45:04

don't grind my teeth (that i'm aware of!), but i have picked ds's bath up (full of water)... which might have done it!

if it's a trapped nerve will it sort itself out if I go easy on it?

Evesmama Thu 28-Apr-05 15:53:39

sounds like sinusitus to me?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now