Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

oh no! ds1 is referred for oral surgery!

(12 Posts)
cod Thu 28-Apr-05 09:26:42

Message withdrawn

SoupDragon Thu 28-Apr-05 09:53:18

No experience whatsoever but just a big dragonny hug

I'm sure he'll be fine - did they say what they'd have to do? Remove one of the teeth?

Sponge Thu 28-Apr-05 10:19:09

I had it myself. Second tooth turned sideways and heading off in the wrong direction so I had to have the baby tooth removed.
In my case I had nothing done until I was 30 so I had to have an implant in the end but if it had been done much earlier they could have turned the original tooth.
Even with the mess I let it get to it wasn't that big a deal (just expensive) and most of the treatment was done under local anaesthetic.
Horrible when your little ones have to have a general though. Dd got a bit of sweetcorn (yes sweetcorn) stuck in her ear when she was 3 and had to have a general to have it removed. I hated that but she was fine.

cod Thu 28-Apr-05 10:23:53

Message withdrawn

TrophyWife Thu 28-Apr-05 10:58:12

lots of hugs and best wishing being sent your way from here...hope it goes ok for him...

JanH Thu 28-Apr-05 11:10:35

Will he have to have a GA or can they do it under sedative, coddy? Have they said?

(He's much too little for them to try to look with a local.)

cod Thu 28-Apr-05 14:54:18

Message withdrawn

tortoiseshell Thu 28-Apr-05 14:55:50

oh poor thing - hope he doesn't need surgery.

CountessDracula Thu 28-Apr-05 14:56:45

oh no cod, poor ds1

rivers Thu 28-Apr-05 20:54:06

Hi, My DD had a tooth taken out last week under a GA last week. It was very quick and she was up and running about very quickly and didn't even need any painkillers! I think I was more stressed than her. I hope your DS doesn't need any surgery and the dentist is able to sort it out.

cod Thu 28-Apr-05 20:55:28

Message withdrawn

whymummy Thu 28-Apr-05 21:03:47

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now