Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

endometriosis

(7 Posts)
mcmum Wed 27-Apr-05 18:14:54

If anyone has endometriosis can you please tell me if you ever get severe contraction like pains when going to the loo ?

desperatehousewife Wed 27-Apr-05 19:01:18

I thought I had endometriosis and had contraction like pains after having sex. There is a really good book called "Explaing Endometriosis" by Lorraine Henderson and Ros Wood.

noddyholder Wed 27-Apr-05 19:04:55

I have that every month but my doctor says I don't have endometriosis although I have never been tested Sometimes I have to sit on the loo literally taking deep breaths and a couple of times I really thought I would faint I don't have it every month though probably 3 or 4 out of 6 hence no diagnosis Have you been to your doctor?

hunkermunker Wed 27-Apr-05 19:13:56

Yes, have had all kinds of agonies with it

mcmum Wed 27-Apr-05 21:49:52

noddyholder, thanks for reply feel reassured im not the only one i have convinced myself ive got allsorts and beginning to panic. I have also felt faint as the pain is so bad it's like childbirth but without baby at the end. Do you only get pain with period or have you had it when you have not been on ?

mcmum Wed 27-Apr-05 21:55:26

hunkermunker,
I had suspected endometriosis 8 years ago and I was due to go in for laparoscopy but I fell pregnant with ds and after the birth never had any problems until 2 years after dd was born then gradually has got worse. I have very heavy periods every 21 to 28 days lasting 7 to 8 days so my gp recommended a mirena coil as I am going on a longhaul flight they wouldnt give me the pill. I have the coil fitted end of Jan and my periods are alot lighter though I they last two weeks and I am on two off two which is a bit of a pain. The pain when I go to the loo initially was only when I was on a period and went to the loo but Ive noticed it happening when not on although not as painfull as when im on which is making me think it could be endometriosis.

buzzybee Fri 20-May-05 11:13:53

Yes it feels like your bladder is somehow "contracting" back again! In fact I had a laparoscopy 2 days ago for endo so now know for sure that the pain I've lived with since I was a teenager has a cause! Endo means that you have growths in the pelvic area outside of your uterus - where you feel the pain ddepends on where the growths are. The only way to properly diagnose and get at least some relief is to have the "lap" keyhole surgey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now