Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Poor Peter

(67 Posts)
misdee Wed 27-Apr-05 17:19:06

still in hospital. was back on oxygen monday night/yesterday. went to see him yesterday just as they were doing his readings, and his heart rate was reading at 198bpm

he said he felt fine tho, so made them redo it on another machine and it came back down to 70bpm. thank goodness, i was panicing.

anorak Wed 27-Apr-05 17:24:08

Oh misdee, what a worry. I imagine it must be so frustrating being unable to do something yourself to make him better . I'm so glad you share all this with us - it certainly helps me put things in perspective when I'm whinging about some small matter.

I hope things improve soon xxx

SoupDragon Wed 27-Apr-05 17:27:14

Bum

misdee Wed 27-Apr-05 17:27:20

i am still hoping that everyone gets better with a transplant. am so scared it'll go wrong.
met with dd1 headteachers today to let them know exactly whats happening. apparently dd1 sometimes gets very quiet and withdrawn, but aside from that she is doing great. just dont want my kids to lose their daddy.

Blu Wed 27-Apr-05 17:32:15

oh, misdee.......

WideWebWitch Wed 27-Apr-05 17:32:37

misdee

bundle Wed 27-Apr-05 17:33:11

thinking of you all, x

spykid Wed 27-Apr-05 17:33:40

so sorry misdee.
wishing you all lots of love

nikcola Wed 27-Apr-05 17:35:12

thinking of you all hunny {{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}

misdee Wed 27-Apr-05 17:35:45

i just want this all to go away.

so tonight i'm going to try and scare myself watching the 'ring two' with mieow at the cinema. hopefully dd3 will take a bottle eeeek! will try and forget all this and hope my mobile, doesnt ring during the film.

iota Wed 27-Apr-05 17:36:45

so sorry to read this misdee

SleepyJess Wed 27-Apr-05 17:38:12

((((misdee))))) sending you hugs and ~~~~~~ good vibes~~~~~~. Sometimes it would be nice to be a 'normal family' wouldn't it.. (Not that we'd change them for the world.. except to make them better )

Thinking of you

SJ xx

misdee Wed 27-Apr-05 17:39:12

is it wrong for me to think 'i want someone to die soon so peter can survive'. tangle of emotions all the time. i never focus fully on anything atm, mind always elsewhere.

Yorkiegirl Wed 27-Apr-05 17:39:47

Message withdrawn

misdee Wed 27-Apr-05 17:40:04

SJ, just one day of normality would be great. one day of no medication for dh or the kids. just one day of being able to do something other than sit and wait.

Enid Wed 27-Apr-05 17:43:28

thinking of you misdee x E

Fio2 Wed 27-Apr-05 17:45:12

of course it is a tangle of emoticons honey you live everyday on a knife edge, nothing is going to change that. You just have to live everyday as it comes and be grateful what you have got. i am sure a transplant will come available soon, please dont worry, and please dont feel guilty. the guilt will eat you up. That person, whoever it may be, is going to die, they WANT their organs to be passed on to help someone else. i know it is more complex than that but you have to visualise on the positive outcomes and not the negative ones I know its hard

misdee Wed 27-Apr-05 17:51:36

thank you fio, as you have some idea of this, it makes me feel better that what i'm feeling is normal.

i popped out saturday night to get some shopping with mieow leaving peter with the kids, and was checking my phone constantly.

am going to wear trousers with pockets and keep my phone on vibrate (ooo-err) tonight, so dont piss off other movie go-ers.

Fio2 Wed 27-Apr-05 17:56:50

do you knoiw, the morning my sister was called (the 2nd time) for her transplant I actually went into work , have no idea why. i sat there like a bloody headcase, but everything was 'suppossed' to be normal, we were all suppossed to carry on like before. thats how she wanted it. Dont know why i am telling you this. Its just when I think about it now, i find it odd!

misdee Wed 27-Apr-05 17:58:06

the next time i really want to be there, but i dont think i'd be able to, i'd be a wreak. dh seems so strong through all of this, but i know he isnt, cracks are appearing with each setback.

ks Wed 27-Apr-05 17:59:19

Message withdrawn

Marina Wed 27-Apr-05 18:04:36

misdee, thinking of you all XXX

noddyholder Wed 27-Apr-05 18:10:50

Really hope they get him a new heart soon.Your children will be fine once they have their Dad back to normal they have an amazing ability to rise above these things.My ds apparently used to cry at the slightest thing at school and stopped almost immediately after my transplant Enjoy the cinema and the vibrating phone xx

anorak Wed 27-Apr-05 18:16:11

misdee, of course you don't wish other people dead. But we all know accidents happen. If one happened to me, and my heart could be used to make someone like Peter well, that would be at least one good thing to come of it. It's making something good out of something bad.

Hulababy Wed 27-Apr-05 20:27:05

misdee; I hope that new heart comes soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now