Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

i picked a spot and now it's gone nuclear!

(76 Posts)
Heathcliffscathy Wed 27-Apr-05 13:25:13

it was a titchy whitehead, near my mouth on one side...i always get these around period time. i squeezed it, and since then have picked at it (bad bad sophable) and now it is HUGE and like a sore of death....help me to make it go away...it is revolting and no longer a spot, seriously more of a nuclear sore! help!

PuffTheMagicDragon Wed 27-Apr-05 13:27:06

Use a no-soap gentle face cleanser on the area twice a day, pat gently dry other than that, leave it alone - ie keep the area clean and let it dry out.

NomDePlume Wed 27-Apr-05 13:28:23

lol, I'm sorry, but that description is a total classic sophable ! Toothpaste and pile cream are meant to be good for reducing size and inflamation.

nailpolish Wed 27-Apr-05 13:28:41

put a dab of perfume on it, thatll the kill the germs

it must have been agony to pick that! on the side of the mouth - ouch!

NomDePlume Wed 27-Apr-05 13:29:17

<wince>

perfume will sting like buggery-f*ck

Preggars Wed 27-Apr-05 13:30:31

Sudacrem works well on my zits!! Hope it disappears. I'm a picker too. It's hard not to isn't it!

lou33 Wed 27-Apr-05 13:31:30

squeeze the pus out til it bleeds then dab perfume on it

nailpolish Wed 27-Apr-05 13:31:39

ndp - but at least you know its working!

NomDePlume Wed 27-Apr-05 13:33:15

<shudder> @ Lou's advice. Pus is such a horrible word.

Heathcliffscathy Wed 27-Apr-05 13:33:16

it's not touching lip...it is between chin and lower lip on side iyswim. will try sudacreme...usually use toothpaste, but i've never had a crater of pus on my face before so i'm a bit scared of using perfume or toothpaste to be honest...

Heathcliffscathy Wed 27-Apr-05 13:34:09

lou i think if i squeeze it i run the serious risk of leaving a bryan adamsesque hole in my face....

sallystrawberry Wed 27-Apr-05 13:34:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PuffTheMagicDragon Wed 27-Apr-05 13:34:30

nooo, don't use sudacreme - wash it and leave it.

NomDePlume Wed 27-Apr-05 13:34:34

although those in the zitty-know do say that you should squeeze until all the horrible squichy wet pus has comeout and then there should be like a little nugget of evil to pop and then blood. Bleugh

NomDePlume Wed 27-Apr-05 13:34:55

squishy

nailpolish Wed 27-Apr-05 13:35:07

squeezing is essential! then the perfume. be brave

Heathcliffscathy Wed 27-Apr-05 13:35:33

it's sort of a crater with pus in, that is dry but cracking on top, with clear ooze weeping out of it...oh christ do you think i need to go to casualty

Preggars Wed 27-Apr-05 13:35:50

But Sudacrem works. It says for Acne on the tub, that's how I discovered it. Will go and look to make sure I haven't read it wrong.

Heathcliffscathy Wed 27-Apr-05 13:36:41

but it doesn't have that painful-there-is spot-pus-in-here-when-you-press-down feeling anymore, so i think squeezing it is only going to make the injury worse...i can't f-ing believe i've done this to myself (it's been a stressful week)

NomDePlume Wed 27-Apr-05 13:37:04

I had one once that looked like I'd been shot in the face . Took ages to go away and was really angry looking. Yuck

Sorry, don't suppose you wanted to hear that did you ?!

sallystrawberry Wed 27-Apr-05 13:37:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Preggars Wed 27-Apr-05 13:37:46

Yup, definately for Acne (so I presume safe for a one off zit).

lou33 Wed 27-Apr-05 13:37:53

always works for me

Heathcliffscathy Wed 27-Apr-05 13:38:04

yeah thanks ndp, no, really thanks so much

nailpolish Wed 27-Apr-05 13:38:25

sorry to hijack, but one time i had a huge red blotch on the side of my face that i knew was going to go pus like the next day. but the next day i was going to my uncles wedding (i was about 17) so i popped it and it bled, i put germolene on it and a square plaster. i left the plaster on all night, took the plaster off the next day and the spot had disappeared!

only trouble was i had a big red angry looking square where the plaster had irritated my skin. you can even see it on the wedding photos. i was mortified

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now