Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lost one of the contaceptive pills from the pack. What now????

(6 Posts)
Branster Wed 27-Apr-05 12:34:11

last night I lost one of teh pills when taking it out of the packet. Is MYcrogynon so as far as I know they all have the same composition so i took the next one so not to miss the pill. have looked absolutely evrywhere and I cannot find teh missing pill!
I'm thinking of continuing taking them as normal but the packet would finish a day earlier than normal. When starting next pack, do I start 7 days from when I stop in this particular month or do I start after 8 days to keep it as it's always been??

I hope this makes some sense!

Titania Wed 27-Apr-05 12:35:41

start at the 7. unless you are in your last week of the tablets then you have to take two packs together without a break

colditz Wed 27-Apr-05 12:36:40

Don't stop, don't have a break, just carry on and take the next packet immediately.

mummytosteven Wed 27-Apr-05 12:37:26

i would carry on without a break until the end of the next pack. as I understand it, for full contraceptive protection, you need to take 21 days worth of pills, with a 7 day break. whatever you do, don't take an 8 day break, as that would effectively mean you are missing the first pill of the next pack, which is the very worst pill to miss if you don't want to conceive!

Branster Wed 27-Apr-05 12:39:14

Oh I'm overwhelmed with how quickly you've responded!
Thank you so much!
I didn't even consider all those factors.
Will not have break then.

Branster Wed 27-Apr-05 12:40:18

now i'll go and vacuum the floor just in case dd or the dog do find the lost pill!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now