Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

A question about tesicles!

(10 Posts)
Temp Wed 27-Apr-05 10:48:35

Temporary name change here to spare DH's blushes..

Dh has suddenly got a a very swollen testicle. It came on yesterday. The right one is twice the size it should be. He was going to the doctor anyway yesteday about something routine so he mentioned it. She (!) and a male doc had a look. They said they think it is an infection (not painful enough to be that testicular torsion thing although it is sore). He has antibiotics but they said they will send him for an ultrasound as well although don't know when.

Just wondering if anyone's bloke, or a guy they know, or any of the men on here, have suffered from this, how long did it last etc.

There a are no lumps or anything, it's just swollen.

Thanks in advance.

debs26 Wed 27-Apr-05 10:50:32

not exactly, but dp went for an ulrasound once and just to put your dh mind at rest he said having a nurse smear ky jelly on your bits wasnt terribly unpleasant hope everything goes ok

Temp Wed 27-Apr-05 11:05:05

bump

ark Wed 27-Apr-05 11:52:58

Hi Temp
My DP, came home with both very swollen and Itchy testicles !! Eventually took him to A & E at 3 in the morning as he was beginning to get distressed - got sent home as they muttered infection with a course of antibiotics. However over a period of a few days swelling spread down legs and up to his eyes!! Turned out he had allergic reaction to some tablets we had to take when we went to India!!! Very ridiculous! However as I am sure is par for the course they mentioned tesiticular cancer - and said he had to have an ultrasound. He came out smiling! so it can't be all that bad.

Anyway I am going on a bit now - but DP has got calcium deposits, they don't know what this is caused by but he is on a three month scanning program and sees the eurologist (sp) every 3 months. (This is essentially to check he doesn't develop cancer) My intention in telling you this is not to concern you rather to say well done for dealling with it swiftly - keep pushing your gp to sort out the ultra sound - for us they gave us a form and we walked straight in. For them to 'think' this is an infection would not be enough for me. I now know how fast things can move on!! If he becomes uncomfortable take him to A & E/GP and ensure they look again. It took us 4 visits to A & E, by which point DP couldn't see!) to get some action or even a blood test I hope this turns out to be nothing to serious - keep pushing to get some more action.

Thinking of you, DP looked quite amusing but know its a real stressful time.

Love
a

throckenholt Wed 27-Apr-05 12:21:21

if it was a torsion it would be very painful and would need to be dealt with quickly otherwise the testicle can die.

Hopefully you will find out what it is soon.

Temp Wed 27-Apr-05 12:35:11

Thanks for the info ark and co. Will stay on top of the situation. I am not one to let medical things lie so will keep on until he gets the untrasound if things persist or get worse.

Actually (seeing as I am incognito) and we were both home today, we just decided to 'empty him out' a bit (because we hadn't 'done it' for a couple of weeks or more due to being too tired/busy etc!). We thought maybe he could have a sperm blockage or something? Anyway all went ok and there was no blood in it or anything (we checked) and the testicle in question, to me, looks smaller now although he's not sure yet if it is less uncomfortable than it was. (This was just ten minutes ago ). So maybe this has helped?

No definitely not a torsion. Will keep you posted! And would be grateful for any other experiences/info.

ark Wed 27-Apr-05 12:45:11

LOL Temp - we did that too! Clearly great minds think alike

Temp Wed 27-Apr-05 14:06:07

Bump

LOL @ ark

ark Wed 27-Apr-05 15:44:30

Bump for Temp

Temp Wed 27-Apr-05 16:02:23

Thanks Ark

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now