Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sleep apnea in toddler? Any ideas how to naturally clear nose?

(4 Posts)
mamadadawahwah Wed 27-Apr-05 00:02:13

Every time my son gets sick, which is frequent, he makes the most horrific sounds. He cant breathe through his nose, and has to shake himself up every five seconds to get a breath through his mouth. this goes on for days, usually worse at night.

I use eucaplyptus all over the place, but it dosent seem to do much. He just cant breathe. Any ideas of a natural "nose cleanser", maybe as an herbal tea or some such??

jampots Wed 27-Apr-05 00:05:09

first of all make sure his head is higher than his body so if he's in a cot put a couple of books under teh head end.

triceratops Wed 27-Apr-05 08:06:37

sounds like he needs an antihistamine. We use piriton or phenergan but if you are against the modern drugs I bet there is an alternative remedy available.

Also remove any possible irritants such as sources of dust mites and strong perfumes.

mamadadawahwah Thu 28-Apr-05 18:16:51

Thanks for all the advice. He is coming out of it now. Until next time anyway. No doubt it will be a whole two weeks before the next bout arrives.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now