Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

anyone know anything about dizzy & lightheadedness???

(4 Posts)
tiggerintum Tue 26-Apr-05 22:49:53

Hi there, I'm 27wks pregant and for around the last two weeks I feel tired constantly and feel dizzy & sick alot to the point where I've been sick and fallen over before! Any Ideas?????

MarsLady Tue 26-Apr-05 22:51:18

poss low blood pressure? Are you eating enough? How are your iron levels? Have you spoken to your gp?

I know lots of questions, but hopefully one of the midwives/hv will be online.

Gobbledigook Tue 26-Apr-05 22:52:00

Yep - it's very common and I had this a lot. It's just because your blood volume increases when you are pg and your heart has to work a lot harder to pump it around your body. So you often feel very lightheaded on walking up the stairs or something.

Could also be low BP - mine was pretty low throughout so that also contributed to my dizziness.

You may feel tired partly because of this and partly because your iron levels may be dropping. This should be checked around 34 weeks I think but in the meantime, make sure you eat properly and eat high iron foods.

Totally goes after the birth!

tiggerintum Tue 26-Apr-05 22:57:57

My BP was 105/60 when it was checked four weeks ago and m/w did say she thought I looked little too pale and that perhaps she would check my Blood count next time, I am due to see her on thursday, but I am just worried as it has got alot worse in the last couple of days. Eatin gis okay when I'm at wokring(which I was today) but gets abit erratic when I'm not. I seem to crave sugar, but when I eat sweets etc I feel really awful and have to sit for a while till I feel better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now