Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

hard uterus but not pregnant - what could it be???

(9 Posts)
no1childminder Sat 18-Apr-09 16:40:39

hi ive missed 3 periods but numerous home and dr preg tests say neg, so im not pregnant. went to a&e for the second time last nite. first time was after i missed 2nd period and had tummy pains but everything was ok. went back as had 2 dizzy spells last nite and tummy has been tender for a few weeks now, only tender wen lightly pushed tho. they were going to send me home again but id had enough so demanded a scan or an internal at least. they couldnt do a scan in the evening or on weekends so they done an internal. dr said my uterus is a bit hard, and its meat to be soft. what could this mean? oh, she said im def not pregnant.

has anyone had a similar or same experience? im getting worried now

no1childminder Sat 18-Apr-09 22:23:06

bump

VinoEsmeralda Sat 18-Apr-09 22:32:36

Another bump here, cant offer any other help!

jeminthecity Sat 18-Apr-09 22:35:11

Sorry, can't offer help but get thee to GP and/or referral to find out what's going on.

x

no1childminder Sun 19-Apr-09 10:37:55

ive got a referral for a scan but was told itl be in about 2-3weeks. was just seeing if anyone else may have experienced this as im very impatient!

no1childminder Thu 23-Apr-09 17:48:40

bump

Could be fibroids - had those when pregnant with ds, amde me look like was having twins. Would go to gp and insist on urgent scan - if gp rings hospital they have to do it. Good luck.

no1childminder Mon 27-Apr-09 14:26:58

scan is booked for next tues, thats the earliest they could do, oh well beats 2 or 3 weeks!

iktomi3 Thu 07-Jul-16 01:39:52

i have just been told that my uterus felt hard and so I will be going to have a pelvic ultrasound. i have not ever been sexually active and will be 40 soon. i am one who believes in only one person and so far that has not happened so there is no way i am pregnant. this is just new and something i did not need to have added on top of the other issues i have. i was told it is not something to be concerned about but i have not seen anything online that would offer any help as to what this cause could be. Periods are not happening which could be medication as well but i have no clue and there is nothing i have found at all online to explain it. Does anyone else have more info?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now