Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

anyone offwk with pnd??

(4 Posts)
starsq Mon 25-Apr-05 22:58:38

Hiya
Im offwk with pnd and docter gaveme sicknote for 13 weeks however wondered if i am able to resign and do i have to pay sick leave bak,,,,anyone had interference from work,,,hr keep calling and when im depressed does not help,,

pixiefish Mon 25-Apr-05 23:15:25

hi starsq.
I'm not off work with pnd although i think i should have been recently. Have been back since sept and have decided to leave in july so i feel that a weight has been lifted. I'd be careful that your work may well want any maternity that they've paid you (not the smp). Not something you want to be worrying about when you're not well but could you contact a union or something to check it out.
Regarding them phoning you - I think that te law has recently changed and that htey can phone you once a week for a progress report (or that could be just in teaching) I know it doesn't help but could you just ignore the phone.

You need to speak to someone though because I know from experience that festering on it only makes it worse.

What do you do? There may be someone from the same field as you who can help more.

The one thing I will say is that getting yourself better is more important than any job

starsq Thu 05-May-05 16:23:47

thanks

Nemo1977 Thu 05-May-05 16:27:18

Star i am no longer off work but ended up being off for 6mths. Once it got to the 6mths i asked my work to medically retire me due to ill health which they did. Also meant i didnt have to pay anything back etc as i only went back for 2mths between maternity leave and being signed off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now