Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

my friend has had a stroke

(5 Posts)
funnybone Mon 25-Apr-05 11:14:40

my friend is only 35, pregnant with number 4 and has had a stroke. She is also suffering pubic/pelvic problems (can't remember the name of it). She's got about 6 weeks to go and i'm very worried about her, does this mean she's likely to have another stroke? i haven't been able to see her yet but her partner says that the feeling she lost has come back and she's o.k but i am worried.

Thomcat Mon 25-Apr-05 11:16:08

oh my goodness. How sary, poor woman.
I have no practical advice, sorry funnybone.

misty Mon 25-Apr-05 11:17:48

funnybone just wanted to say how sad - was it down to high blood pressure do you know? I would imagine that the hospital are monitoring it seriously if that's the case and she will be in the best hands.
Thinking of you and your friend/her family
xx

Chuffed Mon 25-Apr-05 11:39:37

funnybone it isn't much consolation but once somebody has had a stoke the risk is far higher of having another.
On a positive note, now that they are aware of the increased risk she can be checked/monitored and may never have another one.
It is great that she has recovered so quickly from this one.

RnB Mon 25-Apr-05 11:40:38

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: