Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

my friend has had a stroke

(5 Posts)
funnybone Mon 25-Apr-05 11:14:40

my friend is only 35, pregnant with number 4 and has had a stroke. She is also suffering pubic/pelvic problems (can't remember the name of it). She's got about 6 weeks to go and i'm very worried about her, does this mean she's likely to have another stroke? i haven't been able to see her yet but her partner says that the feeling she lost has come back and she's o.k but i am worried.

Thomcat Mon 25-Apr-05 11:16:08

oh my goodness. How sary, poor woman.
I have no practical advice, sorry funnybone.

misty Mon 25-Apr-05 11:17:48

funnybone just wanted to say how sad - was it down to high blood pressure do you know? I would imagine that the hospital are monitoring it seriously if that's the case and she will be in the best hands.
Thinking of you and your friend/her family
xx

Chuffed Mon 25-Apr-05 11:39:37

funnybone it isn't much consolation but once somebody has had a stoke the risk is far higher of having another.
On a positive note, now that they are aware of the increased risk she can be checked/monitored and may never have another one.
It is great that she has recovered so quickly from this one.

RnB Mon 25-Apr-05 11:40:38

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now