Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

measles vac this morning, what should I expect afterwards???

(6 Posts)
Carameli Mon 25-Apr-05 07:35:55

My dd(18mnths) is having her measles jab this morning. Even though its the single one I am still getting a bit nervous about it. Also she sneezed this morning so wondering if I should be taking her. Will ask at the clinic as she does not seem to have a cold, just a sneeze. Am I being an over protective mother here???

ANy advice most welcome.... thnaks

aloha Mon 25-Apr-05 07:57:13

Ds had no reaction whatsoever - not a sausage. And because I popped a bit of chocolate in his mouth at the exact moment the needle went in, he didn't even look down (!) let alone cry. I really recommend that trick btw.

Carameli Mon 25-Apr-05 08:01:09

thats sounds like a good idea, will go and get some before we go:-) thanks

aloha Mon 25-Apr-05 09:19:52

Good luck!

Rkayne Mon 25-Apr-05 13:17:14

When my two got their MMR we were told their could be a reaction about 10-14 days later from the measles part of the vaccine. Sure enough both kids had a mild temp and were generally a bit miserable for a day or so about 10 days after the vaccine.

Wish I'd thought about the chocolate thing myself!

Carameli Mon 25-Apr-05 14:15:55

got back a little while ago and it all went fine. Was over in a matter of seconds. Would certainly recommend e-med if anyone want to go the single route.

dd is fine at the mo. The choc buttons worked a treat. The worst bit was she was really car sick when we got there, so meant a quick change of clothes in the hospital car park, with me getting soaked in rain. what a joy:-)

Never mind all done now till the next jab....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: