Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ringworm

(9 Posts)
anchovies Sun 24-Apr-05 18:32:58

Just wondering if anyone knows whether ring wrom is always round?

DS (15 months) has had it before (I think that's what it was - doc wasn't sure either) on his shoulder but it cleared up quickly with cream. He now has a massive patch of red blobs on his back but they're not all round. Am going to make him an appointment at the docs tomorrow but prob won't get seen til the end of the week. It's not clearing up with the same cream yet the rash/odd circles look similar to last time?

anchovies Sun 24-Apr-05 18:33:43

ring wrom?! ring worm!

anchovies Sun 24-Apr-05 22:16:49

bump

BadgerBadger Mon 25-Apr-05 00:10:15

Hi Anchovies, I had a bout of Pityriasis Rosea which my GP misdiagnosed as ringworm, several times.... could it be this?

BadgerBadger Mon 25-Apr-05 00:14:26

More pics here.
HTH

BadgerBadger Mon 25-Apr-05 00:17:02

...If it is this, I just wanted you to know that I have no scarring (thankfully, as it was on my face amongst other places!). It wasn't painful and eventually it did go of it's own accord.

anchovies Mon 25-Apr-05 07:09:41

Gosh badgerbadger it looks and sounds exactly like that!!!

Will make him an appointment at the docs again and suggest it.

Thanks so much!

happymerryberries Mon 25-Apr-05 07:15:39

No, it isn't always. It tends to start in the middle and move outwards IYSWIM

BadgerBadger Tue 26-Apr-05 00:36:31

IIRC, it took the 3rd GP to diagnose it correctly!

They possibly aren't all that used to dealing with fluffy black and white creatures and their ailments!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now