Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

GP in st johns wood / maida vale area

(15 Posts)
janet75 Fri 10-Apr-09 08:11:00

Hi All looking for a GP in St Johns Wood or Maida Vale, does anyone have a good recommendation?

Thanks!

sincitylover Fri 10-Apr-09 14:33:10

do you want an NHS gp? or are you willing to go private?

janet75 Fri 10-Apr-09 17:05:19

open to either at the moment, just want to find a reliable GP as I have young kids.

lostinthecitylover Sat 11-Apr-09 17:56:47

there is a private gp service at the hosp of St John & Elizabeth in Grove End Rd.

Think there is a walkin plus there is emed (online plus you can visit) service

BlameItOnTheBogey Sat 11-Apr-09 18:07:15

Oooh I had a great, great GP when I was there. It's the randolph surgery just off Elgin Av in Maida Vale. Dr Glover is the business. We've moved (just) outside the catchment now and I am gutted.

BlameItOnTheBogey Sat 11-Apr-09 18:09:02

[I'm now at Swiss Cottage Surgery with Dr Abbas who is also fantastic if your not within catchment for Randolph. He's been really great with DS and they give me same days appts anytime I have requested on.]

BlameItOnTheBogey Sat 11-Apr-09 18:10:26

Gah 'you're' not 'your'. Long day.

GorgonsGin Sun 12-Apr-09 18:36:55

The Elgin Clinic, W9, NHS. Dr Deer or Dr Mackney both good. Dr Mackney is laid back and laconic, a little old school, but good sense of humour. Dr Deer younger and very efficient. They are in temp portacabins while the new surgery is being built (on Elgin Avenue towards Harrow Road I think)

janet75 Sun 12-Apr-09 20:02:08

thanks everyone

luvaduck Sun 12-Apr-09 20:04:01

randolph surgery is very good

listentome Mon 13-Apr-09 16:42:30

Can recommend St Johns Wood Surgery. It's an NHS surgery based in the (private) St. Johns and St. Elizabeth Hospital. It's very good

JessHudson Fri 25-Sep-09 20:48:19

I also can strongly recommend the Randolph Surgery, I'd already tried a couple of other GPs in Maida Vale but Randolph have been by far the best. Dr Berger is our family GP. sometimes you get the impression that the GPs are only interested in getting you in & out as quickly as possible whenever you go in for an appointment but Dr Berger takes the time to get to the root of the problem. They have a great website if you need more information, this is the address:

www.randolphsurgery.org

Hope it works out for you!

JessHudson Fri 25-Sep-09 20:51:28

Message withdrawn

JessHudson Fri 25-Sep-09 20:56:07

Message withdrawn

LouiseSherwood Wed 30-Sep-09 13:40:12

I had this problem when I first moved into the Maida Vale area. My neighbours recommended the Randolph Surgery & I've never looked back! I have been to see both Dr Martin & Dr Berger in the past & they've both offered me an excellent level of care. Maybe give them a call first to see if they have places available? You can find the phone number & address on the website, which is www.randolphsurgery.org

Hope that helps! ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now