Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

bum problem

(5 Posts)
embarassingbum Fri 22-Apr-05 20:38:43

i have a history of piles which is being kept under control at moment by drastic dietary changes, they have not been really painful for over a month
new problem is that skin around my anus has become red, sore and inflamed not itchy does anyone know what this might be/what i can do to get it better

emeraldefmach Fri 22-Apr-05 20:57:14

Could it be non-itchy thrush?

embarassingbum Fri 22-Apr-05 21:00:48

never had thrush before, if it is what do i do to alleviate it, feels like skin is chaffed and smarting
thanks for replying

emeraldefmach Fri 22-Apr-05 21:44:28

I would give cannestan cream a try. You can get that over the counter at any chemist. I know this sounds gross but try to keep the area really clean and dry. Vaseline might ease the smarting and chaffing sensation. Hope this helps.

embarassingbum Sat 23-Apr-05 19:47:18

thanks for the offer of help, apols for the post but was worried, have cleared it up with benthanpam (nappy rash cream) god knows what caused it [smile}

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now