Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

fluid from nipples, is this normal ?

(7 Posts)
1tomany Fri 22-Apr-05 18:19:43

Just wondering as I haven't noticed this before, my breasts feel slightly tender, and I've noticed if I apply very slight pressure to the nipple, there is a clear fluid. I stopped breastfeeding about a year ago. Is this normal for certain times of the month ?

hunkermunker Fri 22-Apr-05 18:23:14

You're not pregnant, are you?

essbee Fri 22-Apr-05 18:25:12

Message withdrawn

1tomany Fri 22-Apr-05 18:29:10

Not on any mediction, would love to be pregnant, but had a period since last night of *, I did think of that, but think it's just wishful thinking, could it be psychological ?

debs26 Fri 22-Apr-05 19:02:44

i get this for about a year after i stop bf, usually at time of month. is quite a neat party trick

oldbuzzard Sun 24-Apr-05 17:43:14

I stopped breast feeding 5 years ago and still get clear/milky coloured fluid from both nipples. GP sent me for a scan of pituitary gland as a precaution, but all was clear. Consultant said that as long as discharge is not blood stained or doesnt change at all, it is just a variation of being normal.

chipmonkey Sun 24-Apr-05 18:02:13

I could do this 5 years after having ds2. I hope its normal!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: