Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dry, sore, itchy, flaky skin around my mouth driving me mad and looks a mess

(7 Posts)
nutcracker Fri 22-Apr-05 18:08:45

Have had it on and off for a few years now and each time i find something that helps, it then stops working and i am back to square one.

It's at each side of my mouth about a centimeter wide, a little red patch that itches, is sore and goes red and flaky. Isn't too bad in the morning, but by the end of the day it looks awful.

Could it be excema ?? and what will help it ??

nutcracker Fri 22-Apr-05 18:09:09

Patches are actually spreading to my chin.

essbee Fri 22-Apr-05 18:10:18

Message withdrawn

nutcracker Fri 22-Apr-05 18:11:35

Oh, was hoping i could buy something over the counter.

Why is it that i'll go see the g.p about the kids at the drop of a hat but hate goiung for me

BROWNY Fri 22-Apr-05 18:12:22

Hi Nutcracker,

I've heard that Zinc supplements are supposed to heal tiny cracks/sores at the corner of the mouth - read it somewhere.

My daughter suffers with dry, scaly, itchy skin at the side of her mouth (sometimes chin) and I put Magic Cream (it is my ds's 11 months) made by Avent on for her - it has a lot of natural oils and camomile in it and it works straight away.

HTS

nutcracker Fri 22-Apr-05 18:17:00

Ahh right, thats interesting Browney.

Will have a look for that cream, and maybe a multi vitamin too.

I'm sure I once heard on This Morning that it was a condition and the name began with K, but i'm buggered if i can remember it.

nutcracker Fri 22-Apr-05 20:58:39

Bump, incase any evening people have any ideas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now